• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wat eats peppers from inside out

First started noticing the tomatoes sort of cracking apart like deep cracks then saw some with holes nothing inside them. Left one just for curiosity n only the skin remained attached to the stem with liquid inside. Next came the peppers

I totally agree with the previous posts WAR!!! But these are your plants and your decision.Alas some other members will more than likely chime in later and advise about organic remedies...in the end its your decision.

What's eating on the pepper in the back ground? Looks like ants or something. I've never had a problem with worms, so I'm not sure. Grass hoppers are my problem. They eat on all the peppers, even the super hots.

The pepper in background was eaten too but looks like they ate the skin n the ants were finishing it. Same thing happened to a carolina reaper pod but it recovered n i left it for seeds but didnt have none lol. Whatever it is it like the sweet taste of the jalapeños because they have no heat what so ever even when fully ripe.

Greetings, Sorry for posting but noticed a few particulars about these plants. Fruit rot is mostly defined by a calcium deficiency, however saying that, there are some questions left unanswered as to how much you water and the nutrients you feed it. I noticed a bit of browning on the edges which is usually a potassium deficiency but I don't see any curling. I think the ants and other insects feeding on it can be explained by the plant not being able to produce its natural defense, the capsaicin. The ants will treat it as a plant with no defenses. It is hard to see from the photo but the soil looks tamped and dense, almost like a clay / sand consistency?  The large L shaped cut on the leaf says a caterpillar had lunch there.  First thing I would do is cut off a piece of the fruit that is not rotted and taste it, it sounds gross but I bet it taste like cucumber with no heat? 

Back