• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Water Ager

Anyone know anything about Water Ager? It removes chlorine and chloramine from tap water for fish tanks, and was just wondering if anyone has used it for watering their plants? I guess my main concern is, say, if I used it in conjunction with liquid nutes, would it kill them too?

Never heard of it. Is it a water treatment type of product in a bottle? If so it should be fine to use with ferts. I keep several fish tanks and what I do is simply syphon off 5 gallons at a time whenever I need to feed my plants. I do have several water treatment products from Kordon and use NovAgua + before the water goes into my fish tank. If your water is that bad just get a 5 gallon bucket treat the water then run a small air pump and oxygenate the water before giving it to your plants.

I occasionally dechlorinate my water with Seachem's Prime. Its a thiosulphate that removes the ClO2 and chloramine in tap water. I've never had it negatively affect my plants. I use the same product to dechlorinate my water for my planted setups as well. Its cheap if you're in a pinch and have no access to rain or other water sources.

Thanks guys!

I think I will go ahead and test it out and see what happens. As I have always used straight tap water to water my plants, it should be interesting to see what difference de-chlorinating it makes....

Thanks guys!

I think I will go ahead and test it out and see what happens. As I have always used straight tap water to water my plants, it should be interesting to see what difference de-chlorinating it makes....
Pretty sure it'll help out the good microbials in the soil, which would normally take a pounding from chlorinated hose water.

Personally i've been using in-line RV water filters. Which are also great to wash cars with since you get less of those spots when the water dries.

There are much better ones than these, but here's two models i've used:

- http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40645-TastePURE-Marine-Filter/dp/B000BUU5V8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1309262870&sr=8-10
- http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40043-TastePURE-Flexible-Protector/dp/B0006IX87S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309262870&sr=8-2

Normally you'd want something that filters to a smaller micron size, and has a longer life, measured in gallons. You can sometimes find great deals on them by searching the term "RV water filter". I once got a Camco two pack for $15 shipped on ebay!

The fish tank de chlorinator I used when i had my tank specifically stated not to use it on plants meant for human consumption. It didn't say why, just not to use it. Read over the label really well and make sure there are no warnings on it.

The fish tank de chlorinator I used when i had my tank specifically stated not to use it on plants meant for human consumption. It didn't say why, just not to use it. Read over the label really well and make sure there are no warnings on it.
You raise a very good point and definitely something I have to do some research on!

No warning on the label of this one or another one I was looking at, *but* that doesn't mean anything. Afterall, it is a product marketed for use in a fish tank, and not as a gardening product.

Hmmm.... :think:

Perhaps your idea of using a water filter might be a much safer bet, Jetchuka.

Back