• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Water bath canning in bottles?

miacova said:
LOL I did use a drill, that cake pans not much thicker than aluminum foil, then ad to that the bit was dull, and left metal burrs that I just tried to hammer flat.  Yeah' it's ugly but as long as it does what I want it to I don't care what it looks like. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
Hahaha Hahaha no problems my friend just busting a little as@ :) been there!

oldsalty said:
Hahaha Hahaha no problems my friend just busting a little as@ :) been there!
I know man it's all good, But it make you think of all the things we have jerry rigged. Hell, I carry duck tape and bailing wire in my truck for a reason!

miacova said:
I know man it's all good, But it make you think of all the things we have jerry rigged. Hell, I carry duck tape and bailing wire in my truck for a reason!
Hahaha Hahaha yep you and me both brother!!! Just helped a local who lost his exhaust was dragging pulled onto my street, a little bailing wire and he was on his way!! :)

salsalady said:

I'm with you there!  When doing some smoked chiles, I used a tin foil pan and went to town with a screwdriver to make a buttload of holes in the foil pan prior to going into the smoker.  It worked like a charm!  :lol:
That's my go-to drying rack for sun-drying peppers. Well, more like car-drying peppers. Just crack the windows a little and leave it on the seat while at work. By the end of 2nd day they're crispy enough to pulverize.
Used to do it in the oven but got 86'd since the time I left them in too long and smoked the house out.

Hawaiianero said:
That's my go-to drying rack for sun-drying peppers. Well, more like car-drying peppers. Just crack the windows a little and leave it on the seat while at work. By the end of 2nd day they're crispy enough to pulverize.
Used to do it in the oven but got 86'd since the time I left them in too long and smoked the house out.
OUCH!!!!!! :)

miacova said:
I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0NH2NSiUbA  on youtube, so I looked around fillmore container and found these woozy's  http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/5oz-Woozy-Hot-Sauce-Bottles-Wider-Mouth-P368.aspx  from Fillmore container with the continuous thread plastisol-lined caps suitable for hot packing. 

Just wanted to thank miacova for this timely thread. 
Was about to place my first order with Fillmore.
I like this idea of metal caps and larger mouth.
Nice find.

better call Fillmore, depends on if the plastic plug can handle 212F.

Back