• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Water PH questions

Hi all,

i know it's common for a new plant to drop a few flowers (stem and all) but i'm losing a lot of flowers :( so am wondering if i'm i'm getting my PH levels right, does between 6 - 6.5 sound right for the water i water them with? also if i add nutrients does this change the PH and should i be checking the PH of the run off water????

Thank you

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot 
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety. 

Pictures help.

ive noticed flower drops also on my plant, its in a grow tent and latley the cold mornings been dropping the temp to below where it should be >.<

ALL of my peppers are currently dropping each and every flower.  Its a problem each year when our temps average above 105 and humidity is low.  It will soon change with the monsoons starting up and the sheer numbers of flowers that keep coming on should equate to more pods than I can use.

They are outside, i only water every 2-3 days, i use a tomato feed in the water but not every time i water and the night temp is fine but maybe the day temp is getting too high we're getting between 86 - 100, each day varies at the moment but next month will def be over 95 and maybe i've been touching too much

will take some pics

Try not to water them until the leaves start to droop after several days. How many hours of sun do they get each day? Erecting a shade barrier for the hottest part of the day may be a good idea.

Back