• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Watering plants

Hi!!! I read that habanero plants need an average of 1 inch of water, but is that measure the same for every pot? I mean, if I have a 1 gallon pot should I fell the top of the pot with 1 inch of water, does that apply to 3 5 gallon etc...? Also, would that be enough water for the plant? Thank you !!!!!!

Has anybody tried watering from bottom to top ????? which is better ??

Plants that are watered to much will show stress. ie... yellow leaves, not growing ect... 1" is a guideline not a rule.

Peppers seem to like damp soil, not wet IME. :)

i only water til damp. that's it. i don't measure it or compute it or whatever.

only til you think it's damp and they'll be happy.

Everyone seems to do things differently. I've always watered , with or without nutes, plants in pots or buckets until water runs out the bottom. I want around 5 to 10% run off.
The reason is to help flush the soil in containers so you don't get a salts build up. IMO you need to water the plants very good then let them dry out.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Everyone seems to do things differently. I've always watered , with or without nutes, plants in pots or buckets until water runs out the bottom. I want around 5 to 10% run off.
The reason is to help flush the soil in containers so you don't get a salts build up. IMO you need to water the plants very good then let them dry out.

i'll do that when my plants are large enough to get slightly overwatered. only got seedlings atm. =D

Back