• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Watering question

So my plants are about a month old and I have transplanted them into 3 inch nursery pots I have the lights on 20 on 4 off and its 80 degrees in my grow box. My question is I check the twice a day and the top inch or so of soil is completely dried out every time I check them but the bottom stays moist. Is it OK to spray water on the top and keep that top layer moist or should I just make sure the bottom half stays moist I usually bottom water them once a week. I am afraid of over watering them. And also I still have them in starting soil should I transplant them all into Pro-mix maybe the soil would hold moisture better. The leaves on my plants are all light green I wonder if they are lacking something.
[SIZE=12pt]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/mattlinster/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/D9894742-5CF4-4F6A-ADFA-4A1A97F084A1.jpg[/SIZE]

I am probably doing it wrong i just pour about a 1/4 inch or so in the tray and let it absorb into the containers it is usually all absorbed in about 15 min or so like i said I am paranoid of over watering.

Like Juanito said. On the day you water, even the top soil should be damp. Add a bit more water and let them sit for 30 minutes or so, then remove the second cup and and let your plant drain any excess water off into a sink

I've been growing mine for 6 weeks now and I water every 6 days or so. I put about an inch or just a bit more of water in each cup on watering days. I use the leaves are wilting method to determine when it's time

Back