• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Watermelons

Just thought I would grow 4 watermelon plant in with the peppers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 51
are you just starting these? its pretty late no?

i got my melons going late... but that was back in like april? im curious to see how well they do throughout the summer.

have you considered a weed fabric under your melons? they are small enough that it should still be practical...imho you REALLY should consider getting a weed barrier down. they are going to be over run unless you weed daily.
just put down a bit then stake it to the ground with the cheap galvanized staples. white fabric would be ideal obiviously, but any weed barrier would be better than nothing man. these things grow like mold on a slice of bread, but they do not grow vertically much. more over the tendrils WILL grip onto weeds such that when you go to pull weeds... you end up damaging your melon vines as well.

i have a small patch of micro mini/personal cultivars growing in my back yard atm. i have offically abandoned vertical training... it was just to much, so my patch and yours will probably look similar pretty soon.

queequeg152 said:
are you just starting these? its pretty late no?i got my melons going late... but that was back in like april? im curious to see how well they do throughout the summer.have you considered a weed fabric under your melons? they are small enough that it should still be practical...imho you REALLY should consider getting a weed barrier down. they are going to be over run unless you weed daily. just put down a bit then stake it to the ground with the cheap galvanized staples. white fabric would be ideal obiviously, but any weed barrier would be better than nothing man. these things grow like mold on a slice of bread, but they do not grow vertically much. more over the tendrils WILL grip onto weeds such that when you go to pull weeds... you end up damaging your melon vines as well.i have a small patch of micro mini/personal cultivars growing in my back yard atm. i have offically abandoned vertical training... it was just to much, so my patch and yours will probably look similar pretty soon.
first time I have grown them. Thanks for the info

Back