• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wayright's Pepper Cornucopia of Plenty

A while back i had asked Kevin, aka Wayright, what his thoughts were on Tabasco peppers and he told me that he had been growing them for well over twenty years and that they were among one of his all time favorite peppers that he grew.

With that bit of info i let him know that i was going to buy some Tabasco seeds and grow them for next year.

Yesterday he sent me a PM alerting me to be on the lookout for some Tabasco seeds, which i assumed most likely meant they were now on their way to me from him.

I sincerely thanked him for the in route Tabasco seeds and was once again reminded of what a generous guy Kevin truly is.

Today i received a small box from Kevin and i knew as soon as i saw it at our rural post office that there was going to be more than Tabasco seeds in there.

Once home, the box was quickly opened and i certainly wasn't at all expecting what i was pulling out of that surprise box of goodness.

Not only did i receive the Tabasco seeds that i was just about to source out on my own, but i also received a sample pack of 28 different dried peppers, ranging from various premium Superhots to choice accession numbered varieties.

IMG_9342-1.jpg

All of this was unsolicited on my part, and though i am very grateful for this gift, i am also humbled and slightly embarrassed with receiving yet another unexpected awesome pepper package from him.

In Canada, this is our Thanksgiving weekend, and with this gift of pepper plenty, i have lots to be thankful for.

So to you Kevin, i'm not quite sure how to thank you enough, but i do want you to know that these dried peppers will be put to good use, and if i ever have anything growing that you might be interested in, it's yours brother!

Thanks again for your very generous gift....you've definitely added to the richness of my Thanksgiving holiday long weekend. :cool:

dvg

Good to know Kevin also grows Tobasco peppers remind me of a larger Donne Sali he also grows. Tobasco are about the smallest pods I have the patience to pick only because I like the flavor so much and it's so pretty. Very nice package lots of heat in there. :)

The generosity of the people on this forum is mind blowing. The greatest thing that I have noticed about it is that it always seems to get paid forward. Wouldn't it be nice if things were like this everywhere?

Way to go Kevin for your generosity. :clap:

And yes, yes, please do tell. What all was in it? It looks like an awesome rainbow of peppers, but we need details :onfire:

Doug. I know how you feel. Kevin is like the chili santa clause. He always gives and refuses to take anything in return. One of a kind in my eyes :cheers:

Okay, here's what i got, in no particular order:

Lemon Drop Selection

Donne Sali

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T

Yellow Bouquet

Chocolate 7Pot

Cluster Rod

Suriname 8

Coral Reef

Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend

Small Bell Chilli CGN23766

Aji Blanco Cristal

Scarlet Lantern

Douglah

Limo Blanco

7Pot Jonah

Malagueta

Brain Strain

Red Squash x 2

7Pot Primo

Yellow 7Pot

Blackbird's Eye

Yellow Bhut Jolokia

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia

Aji Chuncho

Red Bhut Jolokia

Grif 9265

Red Inca Drop

Tabasco seeds

The aroma coming off of these dried peppers as i type them off is like an exotic perfume wafting up around me.

Thanks so much again Kevin...ima really gonna enjoy these!

dvg

Love it! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I'm a tabasco fan myself, great flavor! :dance:

Thanks! After reading so many people's thoughts and experiences with Tabasco peppers, i really wanted to give these a go next year.

Good to know Kevin also grows Tobasco peppers remind me of a larger Donne Sali he also grows. Tabasco are about the smallest pods I have the patience to pick only because I like the flavor so much and it's so pretty. Very nice package lots of heat in there. :)

Thanks Cappy! I really like the dried Donne Sali peppers that Kevin has sent me. Now i'm looking forward to trying the Tabascos too!

Kevin says he has a method to quickly and efficiently harvest those Donne Sali Peppers without even having to pick them with his fingers! :cool:

The generosity of the people on this forum is mind blowing. The greatest thing that I have noticed about it is that it always seems to get paid forward. Wouldn't it be nice if things were like this everywhere?

Way to go Kevin for your generosity. :clap:

And yes, yes, please do tell. What all was in it? It looks like an awesome rainbow of peppers, but we need details :onfire:

This is a great forum with some very generous members and Kevin is definitely one of the best of them!

Doug. I know how you feel. Kevin is like the chili santa clause. He always gives and refuses to take anything in return. One of a kind in my eyes :cheers:

Yes he is very amazing that way!

I just hope he isn't making a list a checking it twice! ;)

:eek: WOW thats an awesome surprise!!

Yes, i couldn't believe it when i opened the box and all of these peppers were inside...and he didn't even tell me he had sent them...

...so it was an awesome surprise for me today!

dvg

Back