• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Weather sucks - intervention time

We have had the fourth wettest April ever but things are going to get worse. Rain is forecast for the next seven days, with possibly 2-4" falling tonight/tomorrow. No doubt, we will shatter the 9" for the month record, since we are already well over seven inches. And that's at the official weather station; they have had considerably less rain in the last week than I have.

I need to get some plants in the ground but thankfully have a partial rolls of heavy-duty white plastic laying around. I covered part of the garden with it, about a 20x20' space. Found another piece and it covers about a 12x12' area. So let the rains come. I have cinder blocks, metal posts, large pieces of wood holding the plastic down. A few hours of sunlight a day between now and Monday ought to be enough to dry the ground out, it drains nicely, and then I will only need a couple of hours to transplant a bunch of tomatoes and lettuce.

Too bad I can't send this rain to AJ and others in Texas.

Mike

Yes we are in a serious drought!!! Over a million acres of land has burned just in Texas. We really need some rain!!!!

Charles

Back