Weber Genesis E-310

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
Howdy all...the wife has given me the go ahead to get a new grill...I was thinking about a stainless weber until I saw how much they were and realistically, I don't need stainless...

what I have chosen (so far) is the Weber Genesis E-310

webergenesise-310.jpg

any comments good or bad would be deeply appreciated...

The Weber spirit E-320 and genesis E-320 are supposedly better buys according to them :)
http://www.consumersearch.com/gas-grill-reviews

That is an awesome grill! I have the older version of that model and it has been in use for about 5 years now without a problem. Here are a few things that I really love about this grill.

1. easy to use and regulate the temps.
2. holds heat well
3. You can also use the smoker box (sold separately) to smoke with. There is enough room on top of the 'flavor bars' to place the box and still have room for the grill racks.
4. Easy cleaning. I like to clean mine inside and out once a year and it is so easy getting to the nitty gritty to clean everything.

I have had this grill for at least 5 years and my father has had his for about 8-10 years and neither of us have had any issues and I would purchase this grill again without hesitation.

bit the bullet and bought the Weber Genesis E-310...that is one heavy sucker...I will post some pics when I start assembling it...

CP...as the old saying goes...you get what you pay for...200 for the brinkman is a nice price but you will probably need a new one every 3 years...that is why I went with the weber...the wife and I have been married 11 years and I have bought 4 grills...mostly chargrills or what ever they are called...

Nice lookin grill AJ; congratulations.

Now, what are those knobs on the right for and where do you put the charcoal in? :D

If I had a gas grill I'd grill every day, and BBQ on the weekends. Nice buy.

thanks boss...we Do grill at least 4-5 times a week and BBQ at least every other weekend depending on my schedule...so this is going to be killer...I save the smoker for special occasions...

The Weber spirit E-320 and genesis E-320 are supposedly better buys according to them :)
http://www.consumersearch.com/gas-grill-reviews

sorry I missed your post earlier CP....both 320s have a side burner and I didn't want one...had one for 8 years now and never even used it....

AJ, you will not regret owning that grill. I have used it in every conceivable weather, including a snow storm which I guess you Dallas/Ft. Worth folks are now getting. IMO it's the best grill on the market. Last year i picked up the small smoker box that you put on top of your flavor bars (burners) and have been playing around with smoking with this grill. It seems to do a good job, but not as good as a real smoker. Although, it works for a quickie. :lol:

Nice going AJ. My Charbroiler is getting tired and just doesn't put out heat it used to. I wanted to ditch it and go straight charcoal/wood but mrs. blues likes the convenience of gas so I reckon I'll keep it for her to use. I would consider a higher end/higher output gas grill were we considering staying here in the big dry ditch but...we're looking to set sail outta' Vegas and head for parts unknown in Texas. Hopefully in six months I reckon. Austin could be happenin!

AJ, you will not regret owning that grill. I have used it in every conceivable weather, including a snow storm which I guess you Dallas/Ft. Worth folks are now getting. IMO it's the best grill on the market. Last year i picked up the small smoker box that you put on top of your flavor bars (burners) and have been playing around with smoking with this grill. It seems to do a good job, but not as good as a real smoker. Although, it works for a quickie. :lol:

thanks for the tip on the smoker accessory Paul...I will continue to use my brinkman smoker for now though...

by the way...you DO realize it is almost July in Texas and we haven't had snow in DFW since the last ice age... ;)

Nice going AJ. My Charbroiler is getting tired and just doesn't put out heat it used to. I wanted to ditch it and go straight charcoal/wood but mrs. blues likes the convenience of gas so I reckon I'll keep it for her to use. I would consider a higher end/higher output gas grill were we considering staying here in the big dry ditch but...we're looking to set sail outta' Vegas and head for parts unknown in Texas. Hopefully in six months I reckon. Austin could be happenin!

Thanks TB...I have to admit I like the convenience of gas also but won't ever give up my smoker that doubles as a charcoal/wood grill too...

I was wondering how long the prodigal son would stay away...let me be the first to welcome you back home...I somehow got a feeling the the Don Julio and Shiner Bock will flow like a river on your return...

Old thread, but I got my wife the E-320 for Christmas. It is the same as the pictured model but it also has a side burner, which she told me I would be using to make hot sauce from now on. She has been wanting a gas grill for a long time, but I have objected due to religious reasons (I go the church of the lump charcoal). I do have to say that for a gas grill, it is pretty impressive, though. It will crank out heat in excess of 700 F with all three burners blazing, and I add the CI smoke pot and pellets for some smoke flavor. Now we just need to build on to our garage or build a small shed to hold all of our grills & smokers.

I have an older version of the 320. Burner was on the left. I love the grill. Ive had it for only 2 years so far and although I keep the cover on there is no rust. Grill cooks like the 1st day I bought it. One thing I could not stand about other girls are flare ups. I rarely get them on the grill they hit the flavorizor bars instead of the flames. I use to sell Weber's about 6 years ago and know a bit about them. My model is similar to yours with exception of side-burner. Honestly I used it once since I bought it. It is great for indirect heat. If something breaks or needs to be replaced you can buy them at a retailer (Like Lowes). Even if you wanted porcelain grates instead of stainless steel. That's all up to you. Cooking is even and like someone mentioned you could get a smoker box for your wood chips(as I did). There is no downfall from what I experienced maybe except for the price. But you get what you pay for. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you post them on the forum just send me a PM and I will respond.
-Ken

I have had mne for 10 months now and wouldn't trade it for anything...it is the best, most even cooking grill I have ever used...bought a rotisserie for it and love to make a rotisserie chicken or baby backs on indirect low heat for hours...geez...making my mouth water right now...I bet I have cooked over 100 meals on it already...

Back