Weber Kettle Pizza Deal

We don't have soda, unless we carbonate the water (have a tank/reg) ...

We don't have pizza, unless we DIY ...

Ordering take-out is a huge diet fail for us in terms of self-control, and having to manually make things seems to be good for my living in the present and/or being mindful ...

I had lost a lot of my relationship with being outside, doing so much work (cad/cam/webdev) on computers ...

Thankfully I had to go back outside to fly the drones, and I realized how little I'd been doing stuff outdoors ...

... then I cleaned my carport/yard, and now I'm grilling and smoking, and hopefully I'll plant some seeds here in a few weeks and get some plants going again for the future, too ...

Anyways ... I don't think that thing is worth it's usual cost, but for $99 I thought I'd pick one up ...

I'm going to rock a 2x Weber OTG 22.5" duo for a while ... lots of options with a pair of them, certainly ...

Looks like it's on the truck for delivery today as a matter of fact ...

Pizza peel wasn't included, though ... one of those is coming from Amazon tomorrow ...

We'll do some experiments this weekend, I hope ...

Cheers!

What is the stone made of?

Sweet man... don't limit yourself to pizza. Many foods benefit from the wood flavor and high heat but do not do well over direct flame. Pizza over very low direct flame is good too. Thin crust.

Will you be using wood or charcoal? Go for some oak.

The Hot Pepper said:

Sweet man... don't limit yourself to pizza. Many foods benefit from the wood flavor and high heat but do not do well over direct flame. Pizza over very low direct flame is good too. Thin crust.

[SIZE=10pt]American steel, aluminum, wood, and [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]cordeirite stones[/SIZE], apparently, LOL =)

I am new to wood, and will be smoking for the first time here this Fall ...

Most everything is here now, except the lump I need to caveman a honker - which I'm dying to do, actually. I'll also be trying to my reverse-sear, soon ... it's all very exciting, LOL ...

I have bags of blue/white Kingsford, and I have some Fogo (or something like that) lump on the way ...

Apparently they make a lot of lump up the street in Ocala, I believe that's where the Royal comes from ... I also don't think it's very well regarded, from what I saw at a glance ...

So many new options, that's why I came back ... I wasn't cooking anything new before, I wasn't drinking, and the whole workflow of dealing with pictures got old ...

Now, I Tapatalk, and I'm cooking all sorts of new shit I never posted because I wasn't grilling last time I was posting a lot ...

Cheers!

PS - I received some cherry wood today, to join the apple I'd picked up previously ... but I'll bring in some oak, too, on your rec ...

i'm going to have some fun, certainly ... i'm escaping danielle's ocd/germaphobia by going outside to cook free ;)

for now, i'm going to see how many different ways i can rock out a pair of 22.5" kettles, two-zone, four-zone, grill -> oven, etc ...

i need to buy a second one, still, actually ... as soon as i have something to make, i will order it up ...

I watched the video.

Kinda funny (or not really, it makes sense) he used oak wood chunks over coals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGkE_5B_Jco

watched a half-dozen or so youtube videos earlier myself ... seems relatively straightforward ... going to beat the pants off turning our oven up to 500 for a half-ass pie (in Florida) ...

I agree with JT -  I wanna see this thing in action.

I also agree with Pookie -  

The Hot Pepper said:

I would love to try cooking alot of different things in there as well. Tres Chic

i basically love doing things manually, at least part of the time anyways ...

there's probably some kitsch Eastern saying, but in plain terms, it helps me appreciate the thing and i enjoy the sense of accomplishment after jumping through the hoops, so ...

i recently bought stainless popcorn popper w/ a clear lid, so i'm eager to roast some beans for coffee/espresso as well ...

all good stuff.
I agree with JT -  I wanna see this thing in action.

I also agree with Pookie -  

I would love to try cooking alot of different things in there as well. Tres Chic

i welcome any and all ideas, btw ... and, i have a pretty good track record of actually doing it (except for Sum's Mexican dinner, which I haven't tried to make yet, and feel a little guilt re:), LOL ...

Back