• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

weed?

heh, can anyone tell me what this is that sprouted with my pepper?

i reused some potted soil from last year, so i'm assuming that its some sort of weed that got into the mix somehow

it didnt sprout until after the peppers had come up, which didnt actually take too long, but thats its height after like 2 or 3 days of 24 hour life

it almost looks like it would be some sort of flower
the two peppers are both long slim red, they sprouted too close together so i figured id just leave it and put them in a big pot together.

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

That looks like a cucumber but I don't see how you would miss a seed that large! They do grow extremely fast at first - sometimes an inch a night.

Mike

I agree it looks like a cucumber or some member of the squash-cucumber bunch. It's edible, give it a pot of it's own. That's a bonus and it's not a weed.

well i repotted the two pepper plants into their own pots and decided to stick the mystery plant into a third of its own too.

if i decide to plant some of these peppers outside in the dirt, is there anything that you shouldnt plant peppers after? like if i grew tomatos in the same space last year would it be a bad idea to put the peppers there now?

Back