event Weekend Cook-off

At this weekends cook-off, The wife mixed 2# each of turkey and pork. I contributed Sudden Death in a small dose, with Jalepeno pepper, unthinned mole, Mexican hot pepper. We weren't the hottest, and didn't win anything, but a LOT of people came up later to get the recipe. Everybody said it was very good with a unique taste. No specific amounts of anything were used. Just the slash, dab, and shake to taste method. Frank

Hey man, winning first place isn't everything all the time. In the grand scheme, it's more about getting the name out and recognized. The fact many came back for the recipe is a definite positive, keep it up.

tinner666 said:
At this weekends cook-off, The wife mixed 2# each of turkey and pork. I contributed Sudden Death in a small dose, with Jalepeno pepper, unthinned mole, Mexican hot pepper. We weren't the hottest, and didn't win anything, but a LOT of people came up later to get the recipe. Everybody said it was very good with a unique taste. No specific amounts of anything were used. Just the slash, dab, and shake to taste method. Frank

When my husband owned his restaurant so many years ago, he used to hand out the recipes for his dishes on a little scroll. People would tell him that he was crazy, giving the recipes away, the customers wouldn't come back. But of course they did, nobody could cook the way he did.

Turkey and pork in a chili... sounds yummy.

tinner666 said:

HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN A PORK COOK OFF:onfire:

Not by replying to a two year old post :lol:

Welcome.

Back