Weevils

My plants have been hit hard in the past few months. First thrips and now weevils.

Got some of the dreaded pepper weevils around my growing area. They seem to be coming from the downstairs neighbors balcony. I can see he has some plants but not exactly which ones. I've been squashing them on sight.

I went away for the weekend and upon my return I found 1 mature one on one of my plants and 2 dropped peppers from my ahi lemon drop.

I've read that to break their life cycles the growing area must be clean and any flowers or pods that fall disposed of immediately. They lay eggs and larvae grow in the flower buds and fruit.

I would love to hear anyones experience with thees turds and any advice on how to eliminate them. 

Thanks!

Check posts, #s 81-84 of The Pest Guide, a "pinned" thread on this Growing Hot Peppers forum... if this doesn't help (particularly post #84), then you might be an important contributor to this thread as you learn to solve this problem.

I think Smokemaster might have some info on this... he did post something about grubs attacking pods somewhere, but i can't recall where on THP i read his post.

I'm sorry i don't have more useful info. Hope this helps. We don't seem to have these pests in my climate. They sound like a serious problem.

Back