• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Weird bugs on hab plant

solid7 said:

You're not entirely correct with this.
Neem only affects plants that actually do eat the plant - with the exception of those that you hit during spraying - they're dead.  There has always been a debate about the safety of Neem with bees, as they eat pollen.  In the US, it is marketed as safe for bees. 
As for spraying early or late, it is not less effective, and it has nothing to do with saving the good bugs.  It is recommended to apply before or after sundown, for 2 reasons: 1) leaves should not be sprayed in full sun, as they can burn, 2) the leaf stomata are closed when the temp and light levels are lower, and therefore, will not get clogged, and prevent the plant from breathing.
Lastly, Neem does kill flying bugs.  Anything that eats the plant, as stated before. (wings or no)
Does Neem oil need to be rinsed off after 20 minutes like you would a soapy mixture, or do you apply it and leave it?

Bicycle808 does not like this.  That picture is the worst shit i've seen in a long time.  I hope you got them sorted out, l'il bastards.
backyardpepper said:
Don't know how I didn't notice this before but the plant is infested with these little bugs. Went to the back of the plant, the part that is out of direct view and found a lot more of these bugs, big and small. Here are some pics
GT3J9m6r.jpg

jJSuDN7r.jpg

Back