• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Well I did it, I ate a super hot.

The devils tongues are getting ripe, and there was one that was perfectly ripe, so I decided to pluck it and eat it with dinner. I also picked a couple long hots as well. [ one of my favorites] So some pork spare ribs were grilled up along with some rice and some broccoli. I sat down with the family and got halfway through the meal and chomped the little pod down. Holy crap! It was good at first a nice hint of sweetness than came the heat. I drank about a pint of milk to sooth it, which seemed to help a bit. It made me sweat bad on the forehead, and something came out of my nose. The wife and kids were laughing then my daughter licked the very end of the chomped pod, then she wasn't laughing. It kind of felt weak in the legs and almost high or really mellowed out.
I am probably not gonna be munching on them at night with a glass of milk though, as a matter of fact I woke at 3 am with my stomach in knots. Pretty sure it was not from the pepper though as I am lactose intolerant bigtime.
So one down and two more to go, I also grew red bhuts and trinidad scopion, however the scorps are not doing so hot so i may not plant them next year. Hey I grew them I gotta eat em right? Thanks for reading

Right on man ive yet to eat a whole pod but as for you IT BEGINS "one"then another then another lol NJOY

Congrats a glass or the bottle of mylanta and a PB samich no more capsaicin cramps, but everyone is different. Either way your arse will still end up :onfire:

I never did get you lacto boys drinking milk lol. Gotta get some better stuff. Eat an avacodo, they take the heat away. I've heard dark beer works wonders as well. Nice job.

Super hots are awesome. I love chomping on a whole ghost chili (bhut) on the side of a big meal. Although I once ate a whole ghost after eating nothing but a small sandwich, and even though I handled the mouth-throat pain very well, the stomach pain that proceeded later on was terrible. Felt almost like I was dying.

The moral of the story: DO NOT eat super hots on an empty stomach or even after small amounts of food. With/after a big meal ONLY!!

Never tried a superhot but after some particularly hot wings I ate a Fuji apple and it calmed it right down. Don't know if Fujis have any special power, but when I try my first super after next season I'm going to give it a shot.

I never did get you lacto boys drinking milk lol. Gotta get some better stuff. Eat an avacodo, they take the heat away. I've heard dark beer works wonders as well. Nice job.
+1
Even if dark beer doesn't help, always good to hve another excuse to drink them

Dark beer? Like a stout or a guinness? Must give it a try! For me, a nice cold glass of milk does the trick. But not too much, just enough to cool the mouth, as milk tends to curdle in the stomach with all the saliva one tends to generate and that just makes one want to barf lol

My god it is amazing that nature can make something this unreal!!!! I ate a bhut about 4 hours ago,I must be a glutton for punishment. I actually felt like I could not walk. But yet I ate anoyher one what is wrong with me? these freaking things should be a drug. I just cant beleive the power of these little guys. YOU MUST RESPECT THESE! sORRY I drank a few millers and the beer and the pepper is still in me. I cant wait to see you guys and gals at bowers pepper fest.This forum opened up crack to a crackhead.

I'm back and not shot in the ass...lol. This pepper was considerably hotter than the devils tongue, the DT I got down easy but the bhut I struggled after 5 seconds. I honestly can't put any flavor desciption because my mind was just so worried about the heat. I got one more superhot to go which is a trinidad scorp. They did not grow so good for me so it may be a week or so. On a good note I did not throw the millers up. Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Congrats 4dblnkldude! I have yet to grow a superhot. My neighbor gave me one of his yellow Devil's tongue last week. WOW! They are scorchers. I ended up only sampling a sliver than using the rest to make a peach devil's tongue glaze for the grill.

As far as beer goes, It has been recommended to me by many brewers that a hoppy pale ale is your best bet. Malty brews can work too.

Ideally you need something with fat which can absorb the heat from the chile. Yogurt, milk, sour cream, those all help, but we all know their relief does only so much.

Congrats 4dblnkldude! I have yet to grow a superhot. My neighbor gave me one of his yellow Devil's tongue last week. WOW! They are scorchers. I ended up only sampling a sliver than using the rest to make a peach devil's tongue glaze for the grill.

As far as beer goes, It has been recommended to me by many brewers that a hoppy pale ale is your best bet. Malty brews can work too.

Ideally you need something with fat which can absorb the heat from the chile.
Let me have your address and I'll send you my ex wife.
I'll include one sack of desarollo.

Okay, that was not that bad, the bhut was worse. 90% of the burning was in my mouth as opposed to in the throat with the bhut and devils tounge. The hab plant I bought at lowes was actually a fatalii according to some threads on here. I ate one of those at about six oclock, what a great pepper! Those are more my speed, are they a superhot? It has a great flavor and is about what I can handle. I don't think I have the taste buds to distinquish the flavor of those superhots but the fatalii was different and I see myself growing more of these next year for sure. So thats it those were the superhots I grew and I ate them all, and will cook with them all as well. I actually feel a bit dizzy still typing this. The wife did tape it and I will try to get it from my archaeic phone to here. Thanks for reading and hopefully I will get to meet some of you at bowers!!!!!!!!

You think the Bhut was bad, try a brain strain or douglah. I found it to be worse than the red or yellow bhuts.
I ate the yellow one on an empty stomach and i thought i was gonna die.

Back