• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Well I did it, I ate a super hot.

Got to this a little late. I wanted to warn you that a Devils Tongue isn't a superhot. Guess you already know that now.

Congrats.

Well that first devils tounge sure tasted superhot to me!!!!! Will I be eating a shitload more? I don't know.....but its not like gettin 12 millers in ya....and i liked it!!!! I love all these specimens and I can't wait to celebrate it tommorrow!!!

I am not the hippie type but I've been giving my pepper to everyone I know......spreading the pepper love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Milk of Mag 30 min before you eat a super, and Sichuan Pepper Corns after .....*IF* you are hurting all that bad. Yes, it is cehating, but after about a minute thirty it does seriously lessen the burn. :)

Have fun with the "fully qualified idtiot" sysdrome! The high can be addicting!

just wait till you get older and have to get a bridge put in like i have, the heat on your tongue is nothing, for some reason the capsicum want to migrate under the bridge and park itself directly on your gums, the bridge acts as a pressure cooker pushing the heat into your gums

just imagine getting a tooth pulled and eating a super hot the next day, that's close as i can describe it, good part is all i have to do is rinse it off and its over

Well done. It's all onward and upward from there really. So you are now in the Mill-high Club. The main thing for me is the flavour. And your tolerance will grow and so will your ability to taste hotter chillies. There are plenty hotter pods than the Ghost pepper... but that Ghost pepper in my humbled opinion is tasty. There is definately a reason why the Indians use these in their curries. As opposed to the ButchT that in my opinion has very little taste but is to date the most insanely painful experience I have felt in my mouth... which quite frankly leaves me in awe... but with no interest to use a ButchT in food any time soon lol I think the Douglah and the Jonah have in my opinion been the tastiest of the hotter pods I have tried. The Jonah made me laugh, I was standing with my head over the sink for some ten minutes after I ate it and the drool was just running out of my mouth like a tap that had not been closed properly. It's starnge to me how every pod seems to affect the mouth differently. That Fatalii is awesome, can't agree more. Growing a whole load of those too this year. My protocol for eating superhots is: Rule1: Never do a taste test on an empty stomach (bad, bad move) Rule 2: Eat a hot pepper beforehand... get your body aclimatised. I eat a Fatalii or a Brown Hab if I can. This way your mouth and gut don't go into shock. It sounds carzy, but it works for me...

For the unaccustomed a Fatali packs a hell of a punch, I know the ones I grew had me in tears when I first got into growing and eating hotter peppers. Personally I have found a peanut butter and banana sandwhich or two prior to the superhot will help to calm down the gut burn/pain. Works well for me anyway, before any show or consumption of a whole pod I have two peanut butter and banana sandwhiches ready to go.

Ya know I didn't get any gut pain.... I got some chocolate habs coming in now so I still gotta eat one of them although I am expecting that to be as hot as the fatalii? Man they come in late. You know I had no idea that a bhut jolokia would produce so many pods, I'm probably at 150 and counting.

Im telling you guys... Sichuan Peppercorns :) If you bite into a superhot that just goes all nuclear / atomic on you, pop 3-4 Sichuan Peppercorns in your mouth and suck on them. After about a minute you will note a "numbing sensation", as this plant is related to Prickly Ash. The chinese use this in the Sichuan province cooking a lot. They also fill a table grinder up with salt and these Sichuan Peppercorns so the diners can adjust the seasoning of their fiery foods.

My 7 y.o. daughter picked up a piece of diced Jalapeno Traveler I was chopping to make a salsa and popped it into her mouth before I could say "no". It was nice and red ripe, and way too hot for her. I went to the freezer and opened up my tupperware containing my Sichuan Peppercorns, as she danced around all red faced and tearing up, and handed her 3-4 of these peppercorns and told her to suck on them for a minute or two. The next time she got adventurous and the burn was too much, I did not have to tell her how to relieve the burn as she remembered the last time.

There is a lot of ... *ODD* information out there on the Sichuan Peppercorn. Fact: the Chinese use it in moderation to Slightly Numb their mouth, so that they can "enjoy eating more peppers". THAT is why it is in the food and on the tables. Oh...and if you decide to cook with them make sure to remove the black seed, it is the outer redish husk you want. That black seed, when ground, has almost the exact same consistency of Beach Sand! I completely ruined the first dish I made using these things because I left those black seeds in. It was like someone had tossed a handful of beach sand in my food.

Ok, yeah it rambled a bit off topic.. :P
http://fiery-foods.c...ichuan-province

Have fun!

Back