• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Well. That sucks.

DawgNutts said:
"You Woke up"? So they did it at night and you didnt hear anything?

Our bedroom is the furthest from the front and my wife insists on having the TV on 24/7.  For the first few years I believed she'd learned it as a form of CIA torture and was using it to keep me weak.

Eventually a portion of my brain snapped and I started accepting it, but I have zero sensory awareness around the house.  Yeah, I disgust even myself with my emasculation, but none of that brings my peppers back =[

I'm not sure what time exactly it happened, but it was some time between 9 PM and 8 AM.  I assume it must have been more towards the PM than the AM.  If it happened around 10 PM then it would have been dark enough to do without a positive ID but still just light enough to see what you're doing and early enough that the neighbours without sensory-depriving wives wouldn't be completely pissed off about a mower running.
TNKS said:
That call the cops BS is very tangibly limited with a virtual negative return(if you need validated by a guy with a gun,badge and a piece of paper go for it)
Patience though tough to weather has unbelievable rewards,seeking solace via law enforcement is nothing short of retarded
From an LEO perspective it will be humorous,they will humor you with a report and return to LEO business,think of it as a forced doughnut break from viable police work.

Be patient, and que the Banjo's of " Deliverance " . . . . . . . :shh:

In my younger days I might have agreed with you, but this is exactly the sort of thing we pay them for.  We pay them to be the gang with guns that walks up to crazy neighbours and tells them to stop doing what they're doing or they will throw them in the trunk, beat the crap out of them, and then throw them in a hole.

If I walk up to the neighbours and make the exact same threat, the neighbours know they just have to shoot me and my family and the threat goes away.  I sleep, I work, my family's not on lockdown, we're all easy pickings in an anarchist situation.  But cops?  Who's going to shoot the cops?  Somebody who wants 100 more cops to come down with bigger guns, that's who.

So, to get to the point, when civilization collapses I will not be calling the police.  Until that happens, they have more men, more firepower, and better street cred to deliver threats to my neighbours of "stay the fuck off this lawn".

You need to call the cops and get it documented. Whether they can do anything or not isn't the point. You're establishing a record. Somebody does something like this once it's a nuisance, somebody makes a habit of it then it's more than a nuisance. 

I'd intended to call the cops just to have it documented but never really found the time.  Between the kids and the wife I didn't have a block of a few hours free where I could sit around waiting for them to come down.

So this time the mysterious vigilawnte shall remain free...  But I'm very worried about the effect that wind will have on my plants for next season.  I'm thinking that I'll plant the outer ones with rebar right next to their trunks.

...For support.

Wulf said:

Our bedroom is the furthest from the front and my wife insists on having the TV on 24/7.

Oh, that's just wrong!  :scared:   As bizarre as I find this sort of behavior, I know several people who do the same thing.  One lady even has 1 TeeVee per room, all blaring some godawful 'news' channel.  I tease these folks about being afraid of the voices in their head, and semi-seriously wonder if the distraction is about preventing any errant introspective (shudder!) thoughts from occurring.  ;)

A few lengths of mostly buried barbed wire would make a nice compliment to the rebar.  Strive to make unwrapping the blades as painful a process as possible.  :D

Geonerd said:

Oh, that's just wrong!  :scared:   As bizarre as I find this sort of behavior, I know several people who do the same thing.  One lady even has 1 TeeVee per room, all blaring some godawful 'news' channel.  I tease these folks about being afraid of the voices in their head, and semi-seriously wonder if the distraction is about preventing any errant introspective (shudder!) thoughts from occurring.  ;)

A few lengths of mostly buried barbed wire would make a nice compliment to the rebar.  Strive to make unwrapping the blades as painful a process as possible.  :D

I always tacked it up as an adult nightlight....

It is bizarre either way :P

Wulf said:
I'm not sure what time exactly it happened, but it was some time between 9 PM and 8 AM.  I assume it must have been more towards the PM than the AM.  If it happened around 10 PM then it would have been dark enough to do without a positive ID but still just light enough to see what you're doing and early enough that the neighbours without sensory-depriving wives wouldn't be completely pissed off about a mower running.

So this crazy person mowed your lawn while you and your wife were home?? At night?? That is some next level crazy right there. Wouldn't they worry about being caught? The rebar is a great idea. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
My money is on the wife mowed the yard  :high:

Or they never mow it, it over grows like junglewood and ends up flossing your teeth.

I blame Wulf for getting me on this topic.

I accept full responsibility for any wives that refuse to mow their yards.

After I married, many women across the globe gave up hope and let yard maintenance fall by the wayside.

This topic makes me feel extremely thankful that we have nice neighbors on every side of our property.

If any of them ever did something like that to our lawn/plants, I don't know what I would do in response. 

Wulf said:
I accept full responsibility for any wives that refuse to mow their yards.

After I married, many women across the globe gave up hope and let yard maintenance fall by the wayside.

:rofl:

Back