What am i doing wrong with my tolerance?

Wow, that's interesting that the tabasco's are that hot...might have to look into those ones for next year! :cool:

dvg

Uhhh...yeah. Last year, a student of mine gave me a bag of fresh tobasco peppers. I talk about chiles all the time in science class...my kids know I eat some crazy shit.

I popped one of them before the bell rang. I spent the next 10 minutes trying to play it cool. It was hot as hell.

I think it has to do with what kind of capsaicin is present. These are stingy slap your face hot whereas a Naga is bomb your stomach hot.
:dance:

These little "Hawaiian" chili peppers feel like a wasp stung you on the lip!
Hawaiianchilipepperwater002.jpg

,转讜讚讛 专讘讛
,讘专讜讞讬诐 讛谞诪爪讗讬诐挚
诇诪讗谉 讛讗诪转 讻谞注专 讗谞讬 讞讬讬转讬 注诇 住讞讜讙挚
:) 砖讜诐 讜讻讜住讘专讛 讛讜诇讱 注诐 讻诪注讟 讛讻讜诇
注讜讚 讞讚砖 讜讗谞讬 诪谞砖拽 驻诇讗驻讗诇
You are one of us!
What do you mean by "almost"? they do go perfectly with anything! :D

I had some sort of little tiny bird pepper last year at Bowers that burned me more than any superhot I have had. I know it is not on the same level scovie-wise as the Scorpions or Bhuts, but it sure burnt my mouth. Tabasco, Thai, and even Cayenne will do that to you too. It is all about how your mouth perceives the heat. Which pain receptors are triggered etc. I eat chicken wings with Bhut sauces and they are really hot, but give me a plate of them drenched in a pasty cayenne sauce because that is the hottest the restaurant has, and I can barely finish them. My lips and tongue are burning so bad that I can barely taste anything. I hate that kind of burn. I love the burn of superhots. Its strange, but true.

I had some sort of little tiny bird pepper last year at Bowers that burned me more than any superhot I have had. I know it is not on the same level scovie-wise as the Scorpions or Bhuts, but it sure burnt my mouth. Tabasco, Thai, and even Cayenne will do that to you too. It is all about how your mouth perceives the heat. Which pain receptors are triggered etc. I eat chicken wings with Bhut sauces and they are really hot, but give me a plate of them drenched in a pasty cayenne sauce because that is the hottest the restaurant has, and I can barely finish them. My lips and tongue are burning so bad that I can barely taste anything. I hate that kind of burn. I love the burn of superhots. Its strange, but true.
You're weird! buy hey, normal is boring. :lol:

First time I popped one it surprised the heck out of me. Had a very obnoxious 16 year old girl who pestered me nonstop to eat one and when her mom said she can eat it if she wants to I couldn't give it to her fast enough. Shut her up for about 15 minutes. Oh how I loved that.

A while back AJ posted a link to some research being done by a couple of PhD's concerning at what stage of ripeness is the capsaicin level the highest in a pepper. They reach the point prior to being totally ripe and actually begin to lose capsaicin after that.

Nova, I sent you some! How many guys are gonna send you Hawaiian chili pepper seeds on THP? Maybe two? Too much pakalolo :high: and home brew! :drunk:

No kiddin'. Looks like they even make your eyes cross.

JAjajaja, ROFL.

Yeah, i am in a way actually glad. Seems like a good plant and a good one to keep seeds. Now just twidling my thumbs until the Caballero start to ripen. They are supposed to be worse then tabasco... pray for me :) :mouthonfire:

Omri: I say almost everything because... well... I dont think they go with ice cream but thats about it, anything else is a good combo :)

Now if i can just get my wife to get a good shawarma recipe and i stuff these bastards in the pita bread .... :):) Ok i am getting hungry again, i need to stop :beer:

Nova, I sent you some! How many guys are gonna send you Hawaiian chili pepper seeds on THP? Maybe two? Too much pakalolo :high: and home brew! :drunk:

Hook, line and sinker dundizzle! Cool to see what they look like, very much like Tabasco.

Thanks mate! :D

Don't sweat it, arijer. No pun intended. :lol: Your tolerance for spicy food should not be some sort of goal that you work toward. You should eat chilis that you enjoy. Manliness has nothing to do with it.

this is the exact reason I choose to order some new mexico heritahe 64 chili seeds from NMSU.

JAjajaja, ROFL.

Yeah, i am in a way actually glad. Seems like a good plant and a good one to keep seeds. Now just twidling my thumbs until the Caballero start to ripen. They are supposed to be worse then tabasco... pray for me :) :mouthonfire:

Omri: I say almost everything because... well... I dont think they go with ice cream but thats about it, anything else is a good combo :)

Now if i can just get my wife to get a good shawarma recipe and i stuff these bastards in the pita bread .... :):) Ok i am getting hungry again, i need to stop :beer:
First of all, you'd be surprised regarding the ice cream. :lol:
As for the Shawarma, there isn't much "recipe-ing" involved. you just need the right hardware and ingredients. :P

13051120544788886310086.jpg

13051120544792886410086.jpg

13051120544796886510086.jpg

Back