• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What am I?

I got a care package today, including fresh douglahs, brown & red 7 pot, 7 pot barrackpore, morouga scorps, chocolate habs, and one unidentified pepper. Person who grew it said the seeds were labeled douglahs and it was growing amongst his douglahs, but one of the plants was not like the others. Lucky/unlucky cross or some brown pepper I'm unfamiliar with? Guesses? I haven't sampled it yet so no idea how hot it is, but expecting a good burn.

EDIT: I guess the picture doesn't give the full picture but the pods taper to a point and do not have the "folded over" bordering on scorpion look of either the douglahs or any of the other 7 pots.

Untitled_wuq1uapa6w.jpg

They look just like my douglahs. I only ended up with one plant with brown pods, the others went red. The second one going up is exactly the way most of the first pods formed, with a folded elongated tail. Seeds came from pepperlover.

I'd say they're either Douglahs or 7-Pot Browns. Chocolate Bhuts tend to have more concavity to the lobes, and also come to more of a sharp point, and aren't quite as mottled with bumps. Whatever they are, they're superhots, you can rest assured :hell:

I'd say they're either Douglahs or 7-Pot Browns. Chocolate Bhuts tend to have more concavity to the lobes, and also come to more of a sharp point, and aren't quite as mottled with bumps. Whatever they are, they're superhots, you can rest assured :hell:

Perhaps... but I do have to say there is more than on "choco bhut" out there... I have one plant that puts out pods quite similar to those in this pic. The second pepper from the bottom makes me think it's a douglah x choc bhut...

Perhaps... but I do have to say there is more than on "choco bhut" out there... I have one plant that puts out pods quite similar to those in this pic. The second pepper from the bottom makes me think it's a douglah x choc bhut...

Touche, Geist. Actually, now that you mention it, my Peach Bhuts have a similar look to the ones in his first pics there, as well. More bumpy than usual Bhuts, but I can see they have the potential for being a Choco Bhut x Douglah cross.

Thanks for the input. They don't look anything like the brown 7 pots or douglahs I received. I thought of chocolate bhuts since they look similar to the bhuts I grew this year but they're tapered differently. I guess I'll never know but I'm saving the seeds anyway. I can vouch for their heat now and I can also say brown chinenses are my favorites (in general...choco habs, douglahs, etc).

Back