• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR PEPPERS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

HELLO ALL

I was wondering if you could help me and my friend,
i am asking for opinions of what are the most popular superhots and other peppers, i know many of them, but i trust you all to give your input also
we are taking this data and deciding what to grow this coming season
we went through a list of the ones that failed to sell and we deleted them from our grow list to make room for
the ones that will
i have in recent weeks been asked by my friend to take a little more liberty in his business because he trusts my opinion especially after such a great year
please post your opinions of what peppers are the ones you would like to see more available
repeats are fine and actually encouraged

thanks your friend Joe

Wow this is to easy.
I am in favor of the brown varieties, the yellow/orange ones and uaahh ...i really like the red ones ...oh yes the peaches varieties are way cool and i will be experimenting with the green ones next season.
Do we need to be specific?
All these mentioned above imo is what i like, what can i say i like all of them.
This was my first year growing them so i really wouldn't be of much help, tell ya what though i liked all the varieties you provided me when i had none.
tks.

Everything with a funny name containing the word "7pot" or "Trinidad" will probably sell good :D
Other than that i think Fatalii is always popular and also some unusual habanero/bonnets types, nagas, bhuts (especially chocolate/brown ones).
Take a look at the SASBE offers, the ones containing the aforementioned varieties close in minutes...
Genetics that will perform and yield heavily in bad climates should appeal some experienced people and northern growers.

Cya

Datil

I am more into selling peppers locally and the Real People like very mild and no head types of peppers. I sold like 10-15 times the no heat ones to the hot varieties. So I am planting all the no heat and mild peppers that I can find this year with a increase in yellows and orange types.

That being said I am also planting Scorpion yellows and chocolate Bhuts and devil tongue as well as a few peach varieties. The Crosses do well here as well so I will be planting a few of those as well.

But with all that said the No heat and mild will be the largest part of my planting for income---the rest are for fun.

If I had to lose every pepper plant but 5, I'd spare, Poblano, Scotch bonnet(red Panama),Jalapeno,Datil and Rocoto.At least one of those gets consumed daily around here
Joe. The seeds you sent are starting to flower now.I'm anxious to sink my teeth into the "memorial" orange. ;)

Seems to me, Joe, that more people here on THP are discussing the Carolina Reaper. I've heard mad debates about whether Pepper Joe just renamed the 7-Pot Primo, since he has been known to do that (Brazilian Starfish became "Atomic Starfish", etc.). That, coupled with the fact that the Reaper looks eerily similar to the 7-Pot Primo makes me wonder. Either way, that one seems to be the talk of the forums in recent times, I've noticed.

Seems that there are a lot of 7 Pot varieties that are quite popular: Orange, Chiguanas, Barrackpore, Jonah, Bubblegum, etc. Then there are some that seem to have been around a while that seem to be a staple, such as the Douglah. I don't see the popularity of the Brain or Moruga going away. Similar to what Datil said above.

Out here i'm turning people on the super hots. Most of my friends like the 7 Pots. We think that the Brain Strains are the best. I like naga's also.

The newest most popular is the HP22B Carolina Reaper! Seems like its on everybodys grow list including mine! Some other popular varieties are Trinidad Scorpions and 7 pots varieties! The lower end of the heat scale you got Habs, Jalapenos, Thai, Scotch Bonnets, and Serranos

The newest most popular is the HP22B Carolina Reaper! Seems like its on everybodys grow list including mine! Some other popular varieties are Trinidad Scorpions, Nagas and 7 pots varieties! The lower end of the heat scale you got Habs, Jalapenos, Thai, Scotch Bonnets, and Serranos

If I had to lose every pepper plant but 5, I'd spare, Poblano, Scotch bonnet(red Panama),Jalapeno,Datil and Rocoto.At least one of those gets consumed daily around here
Joe. The seeds you sent are starting to flower now.I'm anxious to sink my teeth into the "memorial" orange. ;)

thanks so far for all the input

keep in touch with the plants i wanna see!!

thanks your friend Joe

so far so good love the info and thus far has been a reckoning or what i was already thinking and some we are already doing

PLEASE KEEP IT COMING!!
\
thanks your friend Joe

thanks so far for all the input

hey Doug please keep in touch with regard to the plants very interesting!!

thanks your friend Joe

so far so good love the info and thus far has been a reckoning or what i was already thinking and some we are already doing

PLEASE KEEP IT COMING!!
\
thanks your friend Joe

Buht Jolokia (Ghost pepper) seems as though its becoming a staple, standard 7 pots (primo, douglah, Jonah) as well as chocolate habaneros. Habaneros are always a good choice for sauces, for milds, the regular Jalapenos, Surranos, and things like that. Maybe even starting some patio plants and selling them in planters wouldn't be a bad idea... Some ornamental. People do like to pick and eat them on occasion.

Chocolate varieties seem hot right now, pun intended. Ghost are still regarded by much of the general public as the hottest in the world.

Chocolate varieties seem hot right now, pun intended. Ghost are still regarded by much of the general public as the hottest in the world.

yes they do still dont they, you cant imagine how many times i have corrected people, many are even further surprised when i tell them that Ghost chiles an now like 7th on the list and what what they thought they knew is now ancient history

chocolate are on our list every year!!

thanks for you input

your friend joe

I believe it depends on where you are selling the peppers, online or locally (farmer market, specialty produce store)

I'll give two lists

Datils, Caribbean habanero/bonnet varieties, ancient sweet, chocolate habanero, sweet cayenne, rocoto/monzano

HP 22B, Moruga, brain strain, Douglah, black naga, naga Morich, primo

People love the crosses of any above. As an example, Silver Surfer has a lot of crossed super varieties that go quick.

Any of the supers in either chocolate or yellow.

Good luck Joe!

If I were trying to cover the bases:
I would grow one variety of yellow or peach and one chocolate superhot either 7's or Bhuts.
Then pick one of these: Datil, Bonda ma jacques, or Fatalii
Then One Hab, Probably Chocolate.
Then One Thai pepper
One Cayenne type
One Jalapeno variety
One Rocoto
One aji
One sweet bell
One tepin.

thanks again this is good stuff keep it coming!!

Seems to me, Joe, that more people here on THP are discussing the Carolina Reaper. I've heard mad debates about whether Pepper Joe just renamed the 7-Pot Primo, since he has been known to do that (Brazilian Starfish became "Atomic Starfish", etc.). That, coupled with the fact that the Reaper looks eerily similar to the 7-Pot Primo makes me wonder. Either way, that one seems to be the talk of the forums in recent times, I've noticed.
yes they do talk ALOT about the nuclear stuff and thats what people want and we are growing them but also we grow the tame stuff too such as

AJI
ANAHIEMS
JALS
SEASON PEPPERS
CAYENNE TYPES also and others that are very bearable we try to cater to all takers

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

although this list will sound somewhat boring....
personally if i were to be buying seeds, the ones i'd think would be bought in quantities would be:
-scotch bonnets
-habaneros
-Scorpions
and we can never forget the good 'ol staple
-Jalapeno

JalapeƱos , primo, yellow 7 , Aji lemon, Choc hab, fatalii, your standard birds eye types, butch t, any of the bhuts and TSMB. Are the varieties I see mentioned most often about the place.

Oh and scotch bonnets

I have some yellow douglah growing now. I will tell you for sure if they grow out true.. they just sprouted and look very healthy.

I'm just growing those and hp22b

thank you all for your replies here, all ideas are being taken into consideration, and is amazing how like-minded we chile-heads can be
because many of the species suggested are already going to be and have already been grown
again thanks your friend AJIJOE

Back