• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

What are these on my Reapers and Chocolate Bhutlah's

PS - I am being 100% sincere, welcome you to THP, and am glad to see another member from Kentucky.  I am also very sincere when saying I made a complete and total ass of myself when I joined.  Compared to me, what you just did is only a single butt cheek if that much.  Moved on and now have some really great online friendships.

AJ Drew said:

Now I dont have a fancy certificate to certify my credentials as a complete ass.  But I am pier reviewed.  Here watch this.  OK guys, do I or do I not know a thing or two about making a complete ass of myself here on THP?

I would say yes AJ, but I'd also say that even then it was clear to me back then that you were genuine and your heart was in the right place.  Your attempt here is evidence of that. :)

Mr Brown - I think/thought your thread was funny - including the part in your sig about being a master gardener but not knowing about the aphids.  We're a joking/sarcastic bunch around here (as I'm sure you've discovered) but it is all in good fun and not meant to offend.  Remember it's the internet so don't go allowing some typed words on a screen get you upset ok?

And I really would like to see you save those plants with some organic means if possible - I'm always intrigued about stuff like this and I lost all four of my overwinters last year to spider mites.  

SmokenFire said:
I'm interested to see if your organic methods can bring these plants back browndd1.  Please do update this thread (or start another) with your results.

Here are pictures after treatment and washing down the plants several days.  Lost a lot of leaves and now have naked branches on some.

So you washed them with neem oil and what else?  They seem to have recovered quite nicely. 

SmokenFire said:
So you washed them with neem oil and what else?  They seem to have recovered quite nicely. 

I coated the entire plant 100% top and bottom with neem oil, surfactant 820 and spinosad on Saturday 12/2/2017.  I came back 4 hours later and washed the plants down with water that day.  I then made a mixture of malathion and surfactant 820 and sprayed the entire plant down 100%.  I came back today 12/4/17 and sprayed the plants down again with water only.  After this I sprayed the plants down 100% with the mixture of neem oil, surfactant 820 and spinosad and let  the plants set for about an hour or so.  After this I sprayed the plants down with water only again.  I also pulled the liner out of my grow tent and hosed it down with water.

They'll probably bounce back but just stay on top of retreatment cuz i'm sure there's still eggs present. Once you break the life cycle, you should be able to keep it under control.

browndd1 said:
Actually, you are incorrect AJ because it is a 12 week course with an exam at the end.
Did I say the 24 hours were consecutive or there was not a quiz at the end?  Guy you can google it.  Its 24 hours of instructions originally intended as introduction to gardening for urban area folk.

AJ Drew said:
Did I say the 24 hours were consecutive or there was not a quiz at the end?  Guy you can google it.  Its 24 hours of instructions originally intended as introduction to gardening for urban area folk.

I am sure you could find this program in Jefferson County if you were interested AJ.  When I took it years ago it was two nights a week 2-4 hours depending on material and this does not include all the field trips.  It may say 24 core hours but trust me, you will have many more hours involved than 24. This program in no way makes you an expert but it teaches you some of the basics. 

SmokenFire said:

I would say yes AJ, but I'd also say that even then it was clear to me back then that you were genuine and your heart was in the right place.  Your attempt here is evidence of that. :)

That was sweet, thank you.  It was a messed up and scary time in my life.  During my exile, a couple people found me on facebook and told me much what I said to the new guy.  Figured I would do the same, bu I dont think I have the tact.

browndd1 said:

I am sure you could find this program in Jefferson County if you were interested AJ.  When I took it years ago it was two nights a week 2-4 hours depending on material and this does not include all the field trips.  It may say 24 core hours but trust me, you will have many more hours involved than 24. This program in no way makes you an expert but it teaches you some of the basics. 

I would take it if i could.  Hell, i would go for a degree in botany if I could.  Also, I forget which university is but one of the ones in Kentucky is now offering a degree in sustainability.  I drooled when i heard about that one.  My wife and I have two kids, have two loaner kids from our extended family, and I do not drive anymore.  Not really possible to do much away from the farm.

Years ago, I did take the micro processing / home processing classes.  So far, all things extension office seem great.

jaellman said:
I am not a master gardener...

I wouldn't even feel comfortable calling myself a gardener.

I did however instantly know those were aphids from basic internet research.

It was more than just aphids

Back