• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are you adding to next years grow?

nmlarson said:
Next year, I want to try garlic again. In containers. The last two trys it rotted before it was harvest time.

NuMex Sauve Orange. Not new, but will grow MORE. I'm in love with it's great flavor and mild heat.

A proper Aleppo. If anyone can point me toward a source for isolated, authentic seed, I would really appreciate it.

Whatever I do end up growing next year will be in containers in a growing enclosure here at the house. I am done with the floods & weeds of the community gardens.
I've grown Aleppo from Jim Duffy at Refining Fire Chiles and Neil Smith (hippyseedcompany): Both excellent,both the real deal.

Guitarman said:
Great! :) I've decided to give up on new, unstable crosses and stick on some classics. Can't have a list without Morugas or Ghosts
I mostly try to avoid the unstable/hokey stuff but this year I grew a few newer crosses from THP members, just for the fun of it. Early filial stuff that I knew I couldn't count on for anything. That's worth the space for a few plants, I think. Just got to keep my expectations in the right place.

Crazy Monkey said:
Lotsa pubes..
`
What kind?

JYXQvA9.jpg

`
`

Red?

`

`

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`
What kind?

JYXQvA9.jpg

`
`

Red?

`

`

Red, Brown, Blonde, Black..its all good.. :rofl:

Oh wait... Mostly giant red rocotos, giant yellow rocotos, and rocoto aji largos

Gives new meaning to the term "fire crotch"

Mildfruit said:
So I ended up deciding on Thai orange hot from semillas.de. I hope my dried piri piri will last me until this one fruits for my occasional thai cooking :D

Skærmbillede 2018-08-23 kl. 18.08.15.png
Okay, so I also planted the following:
Orange Spice (numex jalapeno)
Jamy
Rocoto ultra pube
Murupi amarela

My currently jalapeno plant is doing bad so i wanted to try orange Spice instead. The jamy is a great looking pepper who won a tasteing contest in my country (for that heat category). I have never tried pubes before, and had a few seeds from a previous seed swap. The murupi amarela is just great looking, and a great potential for hybrids with the white color :)

i want to add aji lemon drop, bishop`s crown and a pimenta de neyde X bonda ma jacques cross. i also want to grow 1 or 2 pepperoncini. more may be added by march when i start seeds.

Got the last 3 for next year. I really only needed 2 of them but the Bolsa sounded good too.

Bolsa de Dulce
Aji Jobito
Aji Oro

Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Thunder Mountain Longhorn
Sugar Rush Peach
Zapotec Jalapeno

Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (MWCH)
Naglah Brown (MWCH)

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Got the last 3 for next year. I really only needed 2 of them but the Bolsa sounded good too.

Bolsa de Dulce
Aji Jobito
Aji Oro

Sugar Rush Peach
Zapotec Jalapeno

Naglah Brown (MWCH)

Ive got a couple Bolsa de dulces currently and they are a nice mild/sweet pepper. Better than bell peppers in foods

ShowMeDaSauce said:

Bolsa de Dulce
Aji Jobito
Aji Oro

Sugar Rush Peach
Zapotec Jalapeno

Naglah Brown (MWCH)

Can't go wrong with Aji Oro. It was a powerhouse of a producer for me as a first year plant.
8nOTn7O.jpg

I pulled more throughout the season. Very nice variety!

I'm adding Bishops Crowns and Red Manzanos. This will be my first attempt at growing Pubescens and Baccatums.

FITN said:
I'm adding Bishops Crowns and Red Manzanos. This will be my first attempt at growing Pubescens and Baccatums.

I grew Bishops's Crown for the first time this year and the plants, pods, and production were all big.  Over on your side of the mountains you should do even better!

CaneDog said:

I grew Bishops's Crown for the first time this year and the plants, pods, and production were all big.  Over on your side of the mountains you should do even better!
I hope your right! I'm looking for a great tasting pepper that has heat but not so much that I can't just snack on them right off the plant. Any others that might fit that category? I'm very open to suggestions.

FITN said:
I hope your right! I'm looking for a great tasting pepper that has heat but not so much that I can't just snack on them right off the plant. Any others that might fit that category? I'm very open to suggestions.
I like aji lemon/lemondrop for that. Also habanero, but those are pretty hot for fresh off the plant

FITN said:
The Bishop's Crowns I grow are heatless. Just sweet and tasty.

FITN said:

I'd suggest Brazilian Starfish (Red) - I have them growing right next to the B Crowns and they started ripening just a little sooner.

AndyW said:
I like aji lemon/lemondrop for that. Also habanero, but those are pretty hot for fresh off the plant

I'd agree especially with anything in that Aji class, including Limon, but they are a step up in heat.

Back