what are your "need to have" peppers....

im new to all this, first year gardner/ pepper grower. Im trying to figure out what I like, what i dont like in the ways of peppers. What pepper do you HAVE to grow every year?  also if anyone is willing to sell a few seeds or peppers of their favorites or make a variety pack i would gladly pay for them. I have a small greenhouse near by but they dont sell much.....

thanks guys!

i would like to clarify again that im not looking for "handouts" here, i am willing to pay for anything anyone has to offer....

Hi brad

Welcome to the forum :welcome:.. if you send me a SASBE I would be glad to send you out a variety pack of some supers.. moruga, scorpion, choc habaneros, and a few carolina reaper seeds

wow, thanks heatofmiami that would be great!! I have a moruga and a choc hab growing currently so you can save them seeds but def would enjoy the reapers if you would! could you pm me your address and i will get it out ASAP. Greatly appreciated

Thanks Swamp Monster in my garden currently i have Jalapeno, Ancho, tabasco,thai hot,maruga scorpion and choc hab and 3 varieties of bell and carmen peppers. Im willing to try/ grow anything thats different/ better then what i got going now!

+1 on the fatalli and chocolate hab. Also, Jimmy Nardello sweet Italian frying peppers are absolutely fabulous and a must grow.

peruvian white hab, pimenta de neyde, bishop crown. I'm thinking of expanding my "hall of fame" with 7 pot (original), fatalii and choc bhut.

Fataliis for me too.  They seem to be kind of cranky to start from seed though; I have better luck buying nursery starts.  I just haven't gotten the hang of getting the seedlings to put on size at a reasonable rate.  Aji amarillos have made it onto the "must have" list for me, but in NY I don't know if you'd have a long enough growing season for them.  Habanero de arbol, which went through a flurry of popularity a couple of years ago and seems to have faded a bit, is IMHO still one of the best peppers in the world.  (Unfortunately I'm out of seeds; I've got an isolated plant this year from which I mean to save some seed, in case I can't find any next season.)

The Czech black looks like a winner from this season; it's a beautiful plant, fruits early and heavily, and its culinary reputation boils down to "like a jalapeño only better".

I personally *love* the "Thai hot", the little upright bullet-shaped pods, but we cook a lot of Thai food for which it's an obvious natural match.

I've kind of given up growing the stuff that I can routinely get at the grocery store: serranos, Anaheim types, orange habaneros, jalapeños, poblanos.  I'd rather devote my gardening time, money, and space to exotica.

-NT

This is my first real year growing also, and I have a LOT more going than I thought I would for my first year which sadly enough I still feel I do not have enough somehow lol. Anyway, some that I REALLY want for next year that I can not seem to get ahold of just yet would be BB7, Jigsaw, TSMB Satan's Strain, 7 Pot Lava, 7 Pot Infinity, Armageddon, and Antilles Fire. Also HP22B's but one of my HP22B plants seems to have survived the crazy weather and I am hopeful it will produce true and I will have my own seeds from pods this year on that one.

Also, if you want some 7 Pot Yellow x Bhut Carbon seeds let me know, just send an SASBE or whatever and I will give you some no problem.

Sincerely, Reverend Michael Massey

What I have extras of (that you don't already have) is purple jalapeño, serrano, cayenne, and bhut jolokia. Let me know if you need them and I'll pm you my address so you can send a SASBE.

swamp monster those all sound great, arkennon PM sent. I think that will about fill my garden for next year. geez guys i really appreciate this i hope to find a newbie next year to pass on seeds from the plants from your guys seeds!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Back