• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What better??

Well I just saw the weeks forecast low 70's and a few days high 60's with nighttime lows in the mid 50 range 1 night
at 49 and next sun at 43 is it better to put the plants out all week (cant totally plant out some are still small) just leave em out during daytime take just the bigger plants out
or still keep inside??? any help would be great.I know 43 is a bit on the dangerous end so that night I wont put em out at all.
Tom

The ones that have bloomed I put in larger containers and set them outside. A couple Thursday, three Friday and three yesterday. It hasn't been very hot (mid 60s to low 70s) nor cold (upper 40s) so far so they have stayed out. I suspect that within the next three weeks (FF Day is May 15), I'll have the vast majority outside.

Mike

That sounds about like the forecast here Hpff, so I planted out.

70' and 50's this week, unknown next week, and then it is plant out time anyways. I don't mind covering them with sheets if I have to, but I doubt that will happen.

Potawie, do you have them outside or in a greenhouse at night? You are very brave. when is your last frost date up there. I think I planted out last year about the end of May. i could be wrong though.

I too have taken the plants out, I started yesterday and i gave them all a good flushing. It is a big job for me if I have to do it by myself but I could not resist the nice weather and I am sure my plants will thank me for the sunshine.

Dale

Some of mine are outside but in pots that can easily be put back in the greenhouse. A few years ago we had a frost on June 8th, and I usually don't plant in the ground till July

:shocked:

Sorry, I picture our northern states as having short growing seasons, it is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that your entire country is north of our northern states.

Everyone around here plants at the end of May, and everything dies, and they all complain and then they buy more plants. Its not just the frost but the ground takes a while to warm up too.

Back