• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests What bug is this? Friendly or enemy?

Untitled_zps4d624ef8.jpg

Untitled1_zpsdf8457cb.jpg

Untitled2_zps533cbbfc.jpg

I've found at least 7 of them under my leafs, the plant looks pretty good tho...just wondering if the bugs are just arrived or else..

This plant sit next to my mites infected super hot for around 2 months without infection (the white smallest pot in the picture below), I am not sure if it is because of the mites doesn't like rose or these bugs?

plants_zps0ff926f9.jpg

Some type of stink bug perhaps? If so, they are not friends.

Edit: Just read that some stink bugs are predatory and thus, beneficial to your plants. Couldn't tell you if that one is or not. Probably safer to just get rid of them.

If this plant has been sitting next to one that has been having a mite problem and hasn't been raided by them then I would think it's one of the good guys. Do some research and find out for sure though.

While I am not sure about the bug being friend or foe, that plant doesn't look good to me. I see droopy leaves and upper stalks which could be cause by various things ...

I want to say that it is a stinkbug of some kind, likely in its third or fourth instar stage of development. So far, I haven't been able to figure out which one.

Back