• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What could be the cause of this?

Could this be a magnesium issue?

I've have quite a few leafs like it though they're not always as pronounced as this. They eventually drop off.

Thank you :)

I've been occasionally watering lately with Epsom, but the older leafs especially, though younger as well, are still turning. Perhaps I should up the dose? Or would an increase in frequency be better.

HOw much are you watering?  This happened to me when 1) i was watering more frequently and 2) when my soil was not drianing properly.. not an expert by any means.. just my experience.

Hi, :-)

I pretty sure it's not a watering issue.. they're growing in pots in the British climate so to fully explain would take up half a page. So in a nutshell they get watered when they wilt and the pot feels light, if however the pot is not light and they've wilted I will leave it until the morning before (possibly) watering.

Could be a nitrogen issue. The plant may be using the N from the leaves because it is not getting enough from the ground, just a guess.

Try some fish emulsion on them.

Best chart I have found - potassium?
deficiencychart_zps0fbc25d3.jpg

nzchili said:
Best chart I have found - potassium?
deficiencychart_zps0fbc25d3.jpg
Very nice chart :-) they've definetly had potasium deficiencies recently, however I used other signs to determine this. I didn't realise that this was also a sign.

Thank you :-)

Back