• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc What defines a bad pepper

I recently ordered some pepper seeds form my source site
It sounded like it hit everything I been looking for
I then find out after the fact by the owner while talking to them via mesg
That in there opinion it really wasn't a good pepper & they will discontinue in a few months.
This got me thinking what exactly qualifies as a bad pepper.
I love Zapotec jalapenos but they really don't grow well or produce much for my area that doesn't mean there not a good pepper just not right for me .
I also once grew out a natural cross that to about f4 or so it was basically stable for the most part but I quit as at that time I thought there was better peppers out there
I have no doubt some of you would of love them & my taste wasn't properly developed at that time.
So with all the factors with soil & climate etc it's just got me thinking as I plan this year grow

I then find out after the fact by the owner while talking to them via mesg
That in there opinion it really wasn't a good pepper & they will discontinue in a few months.
This got me thinking what exactly qualifies as a bad pepper.
This is the oddest thread.
All @Plantguy76 had to do was ask! It was via message.

"It really wasn't a good pepper"
"What are you judging this by?"

Done!

LOL

Instead we are here....

This is the oddest thread.
All @Plantguy76 had to do was ask! It was via message.

"It really wasn't a good pepper"
"What are you judging this by?"

Done!

LOL

Instead we are here....
I am actually surprised this thread has lasted this long.
I used to have a pepper that was a cross form seed that was supposed to be Jamaican Red Mushroom it was some cross of ether a habanero or bonnet
I grew it out some seasons then decided to discontinue it at the time I thought there was better peppers out there
It wasn't really that bad it had habanero heat was a hot pink & fruity flavor.
I should of shared or saved seed as this was my early days you live & learn .
I was mainly interested in people opinions but I never thought this thread would still be going

Last edited:
Back