food What do you add powder to?

What's your favorite foods to add superhot powder to? I enjoy adding it to most anything but creamy foods, but these are my favorites.

Yakisoba
Chow Mein
Ramen
Penne pasta w/ vodka sauce
Chicken 

PHO
RAMEN
UDON
SCRAMBLED EGGS
FUDGE
QUICHE
CAKE MIX (cupcakes)
ADOBO
PIZZA
TACO MEAT
QUESADILLOS
BAKED POTATOES
MAC AND CHEESE
POP CORN
SALAD DRESSING MIX
PEANUTBUTTER AND JELLY SAMMIES
CORN + vinegar + powder
GREENBEANS + vinegar + powder
HOT CHOCOLATE
PASTA SAUCE

ON
&
On
&
On
&
On

Rymerpt said:
PHO
RAMEN
UDON
SCRAMBLED EGGS
FUDGE
QUICHE
CAKE MIX (cupcakes)
ADOBO
PIZZA
TACO MEAT
QUESADILLOS
BAKED POTATOES
MAC AND CHEESE
POP CORN
SALAD DRESSING MIX
CORN + vinegar + powder
HOT CHOCOLATE
PASTA SAUCE

ON
&
On
&
On
&
On

Rymerpt said:
PHO
RAMEN
UDON
SCRAMBLED EGGS
FUDGE
QUICHE
CAKE MIX (cupcakes)
ADOBO
PIZZA
TACO MEAT
QUESADILLOS
BAKED POTATOES
MAC AND CHEESE
POP CORN
SALAD DRESSING MIX
CORN + vinegar + powder
HOT CHOCOLATE
PASTA SAUCE

ON
&
On
&
On
&
On

Rymerpt said:
PHO
RAMEN
UDON
SCRAMBLED EGGS
FUDGE
QUICHE
CAKE MIX (cupcakes)
ADOBO
PIZZA
TACO MEAT
QUESADILLOS
BAKED POTATOES
MAC AND CHEESE
POP CORN
SALAD DRESSING MIX
CORN + vinegar + powder
HOT CHOCOLATE
PASTA SAUCE

ON
&
On
&
On
&
On
that's a huge list. lmfao

i just noticed i quoted that post 3 times. my mouse has been acting up and is double clicking and apparently triple clicking now too. 

Why not cream sauces? 

Biscuits and creamy sausage gravy with some smoked superhot powder
Fettuccini Alfredo and variations of....with some fatali powder
chicken piccata also with fatali or other yellow superhot
YUM!

yes, the fat of a cream sauce cuts the heat a bit....just have to add a bit more powder!  :)

Side story-
a couple years ago I used a rubber spatula to make some sausage gravy for our NW chileheads camp out that I'd previously used to make some superhot Incinerator sauce (containing 7 Pots and Moruga scorpions).  Even washing with lots of soap and hot water didn't get all the capsaicin off the spatula and the creamy sausage gravy had this distinctive tingle of capsaicin....

:lol:  OOPS!  The gravy still tasted great and even the non-chileheads enjoyed the gravy with a bit of a bite.

salsalady said:
Why not cream sauces? 

Biscuits and creamy sausage gravy with some smoked superhot powder
Fettuccini Alfredo and variations of....with some fatali powder
chicken piccata also with fatali or other yellow superhot
YUM!

yes, the fat of a cream sauce cuts the heat a bit....just have to add a bit more powder!  :)

Side story-
a couple years ago I used a rubber spatula to make some sausage gravy for our NW chileheads camp out that I'd previously used to make some superhot Incinerator sauce (containing 7 Pots and Moruga scorpions).  Even washing with lots of soap and hot water didn't get all the capsaicin off the spatula and the creamy sausage gravy had this distinctive tingle of capsaicin....

:lol:  OOPS!  The gravy still tasted great and even the non-chileheads enjoyed the gravy with a bit of a bite.
Not sure why, i just don't feel like it compliments the flavour. just a gross taste imo. 

and lmao i've dealt with things very similar. I cut up peppers in the kitchen and even after washing the area i cut it on, my mom will cook on it and then yell at me for it being hot. Note that i'm the only person in my house that likes hot food, and my mom/sister can't even handle jalapenos. 

paulky_2000 said:

Best answer!!!!!

Add it to anything brudda! Cook with it in sauces, or season with it, or use it in rubs and seasoning blends, use it to season after the meal is cooked, or on ready-made foods. 

^
Jamaican Hot Chocolate powder is awesome in the chocolate ganache center of a molten chocolate cake. Jus sayin'!

And powder in brownies!!!!!

These days.... Everything. Powders are being used more than sauces in my crib. It adds pepper flavor and heat. No added flavors acids Etc. I still love me some hot sauce but lovin the pow pow lately.

Synastral said:
Not sure why, i just don't feel like it compliments the flavour. just a gross taste imo. 

and lmao i've dealt with things very similar. I cut up peppers in the kitchen and even after washing the area i cut it on, my mom will cook on it and then yell at me for it being hot. Note that i'm the only person in my house that likes hot food, and my mom/sister can't even handle jalapenos. 
try a different chile/powder for the cream sauce.  I don't think I would like a chocolate douglah powder, or even a bhut powder in a piccata sauce, but any yellow powder or even a red hab or red 7pot...that totally works with a cream sauce. 

Piccata sauce is butter and wine. NO CREAM!

But yeah. It works in cream sauces. Bechamels especially.

Mac n cheese! BOOM!

Back