food What do you add powder to?

The Hot Pepper said:
Piccata sauce is butter and wine. NO CREAM!

the piccata I learned from the old Italian at the restaurant was-
cream, wine, butter, capers, lemon squeeze...

I still have the food-stained original notes from there...(will take a bit to scan etc... but I'll post a pic...

prolly like chili (the soup) where there is the neverending-debate of beans or no beans....

You are correct! Because piccata sauce can be anything, piccata refers to the style of pounded meat sauteed in a pan... but usually with a butter sauce as it is considered a delicate dish not heavy. But you are correct in that, the sauce can be anything. Even mole! Ha!

#PoundedMeat

I am however used to pretty much the recipe you posted sans cream.

trying to get the scan posted, but the dish was a chicken piccata- chicken breast lightly pounded, flour, pan fried, with the lemon caper cream sauce as posted. 
sorry for the sideways post...trying to watch the Game....

Attachments

• ital notes.pdf
    978.1 KB · Views: 77
everything

salsalady said:
trying to get the scan posted, but the dish was a chicken piccata- chicken breast lightly pounded, flour, pan fried, with the lemon caper cream sauce as posted. 
sorry for the sideways post...trying to watch the Game....
My wife makes that for me and I love it!

I can't have ramen without my habaruga powder, and after a long day at work sometimes ramen is all I need. Albeit a lot of ramen, but still.
I find it depends on the powder. Some goes good on everything, others do better in specific styles. I sometimes try to think of the pepper origin and mix with foods of a similar background.
But it does boil down to preference. Some folks wouldn't want jalapenos on anything but Mexican dishes, but at 10 years old I had them on everything from enchiladas to lasagna to chicken noodle soup and chk alfredo

salsalady said:
try a different chile/powder for the cream sauce.  I don't think I would like a chocolate douglah powder, or even a bhut powder in a piccata sauce, but any yellow powder or even a red hab or red 7pot...that totally works with a cream sauce. 
I might have to try some different powders but for right now all i have is some carolina reaper powder, and i can't afford to get more right now.. I only got a ½ oz jar and it's lasted me over a month and theres still about half the container. I try to only put one shake in my foods not because i can't handle the heat, but because i don't want to be without it. :P 

This will be my first grow with any super hots; but I bet the powder will throw a sausage, okra and oyster fricassée over the top.  :fireball: 

Almost everything.

Smoked powders for something things plain for others.  I like smoked with pastas, particularly alfredo type sauces.  Plain in chinese/thai.  For plain, have found yellow morugas and yellow brain strain to be my favorite.  All the smoked ones are great, reaper for really hot, chocolate scotch bonnet and antiallais caribbean were great for when I wanted milder heat with the smokey flavor.

Back