• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What do you put your powder in?

Currently I've got my powders in small plastic baggies, but I thought some kind of small shaker or container with a screw on lid might be better suited for table use.  Any suggestions?  What do you all put your powders in?

I use mason jars when they are avaliable. Baggies when all the jars are being used.

And when I have them I'll throw an oxygen absorber in. Especially if it's one I don't open often.

I got a bunch of 1 oz glass spice jar shakers with 3 hole lids. I'll send you a link later. I've got it here somewhere.

For personal use I use 1oz and 2oz jars. For storage I use 32oz Mason jars and lock them air tight with my food saver :) 

1512823_718888204811575_562771886_n.jpg

1509293_701302923236770_634839566_n.jpg

Without spending any money, recycled jelly jars work well as well as mason jars.

Not as fancy as Joyner, but it was free.

20131219_184111.jpg

Also, those little wedding bags that we use to isolate flowers can be filled with rice and used as a desiccant pack. You can just see the corner of the handle in the ghost pepper powder.

Jeff H said:
Without spending any money, recycled jelly jars work well as well as mason jars.

Not as fancy as Joyner, but it was free.

20131219_184111.jpg

Also, those little wedding bags that we use to isolate flowers can be filled with rice and used as a desiccant pack. You can just see the corner of the handle in the ghost pepper powder.
Well to be fair, I do use those jars for selling purposes as well. :) I have all kinds of crazy free shakers full of powders. My wife and I use far too much of our own product, high off the own supply....

Dollar stores sell cheap spice shakers if you don't have anything on hand... make sure to pick up a few of whatever you choose to use because having a choice is always best!

Chris those 1oz mini shakers are pretty sweet.

What do I put my powders in?

Damned near everything. :P

Store them?

Currently, I dry the peppers and freeze them, and powder as needed.

Back