• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce What exactly do I have here? Blairs numbered hot sauces

I found these two hot sauces at an estate sale and they look super cool! Can anyone tell me anything about them? I love hot sauce but don’t know much about collectables.

Attachments

• 3B67672A-4DEC-4CC9-BDFA-BBDE236FB920.jpeg
    3B67672A-4DEC-4CC9-BDFA-BBDE236FB920.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 172
  • D3BF4538-3696-456E-9A5C-1E01CE99395C.jpeg
    D3BF4538-3696-456E-9A5C-1E01CE99395C.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DEBC5D0F-3AB2-4F56-ABC1-CC65F6FEDC12.jpeg
    DEBC5D0F-3AB2-4F56-ABC1-CC65F6FEDC12.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 712478A1-B1D3-412E-BADF-1984F71F8468.jpeg
    712478A1-B1D3-412E-BADF-1984F71F8468.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 128
The left is Blair's 2am Holiday Reserve 2005. They used black, red, then white wax. White for snow and the regular Reserve has red only. There was also a year they did not use black for Holiday and also used a different bottle shape once. So I figure this is 2005.

The right is Blair's 3am Reserve.

The left is Blair's 2am Holiday Reserve 2005. They used black, red, then white wax. White for snow and the regular Reserve has red only. There was also a year they did not use black for Holiday and also used a different bottle shape once. So I figure this is 2005.

The right is Blair's 3am Reserve.

Interesting, the top of the left one says "6am reserve" on it's label so I think it's that?

Yes this would be a 6am then. Is the top wax white or yellow/gold I can't tell? If it's white this is a 6am Holiday Reserve.

Ah! That was my mistake then. The color was not white okay. So yes you have a 6am Reserve. Nice! (And now looking at it there is no number after the /).

On the right, with the high number and gold, I would guess this is a 3am. You don't see any markings? It is not a special reserve since it has the / with nothing after. They did not do limited runs they would keep it going and add to the left number.

Ah! That was my mistake then. The color was not white okay. So yes you have a 6am Reserve. Nice! (And now looking at it there is no number after the /).

On the right, with the high number and gold, I would guess this is a 3am. You don't see any markings? It is not a special reserve since it has the / with nothing after. They did not do limited runs they would keep it going and add to the left number.
Oh okay that's cool! and yes it seems the right is a 3am reserve. Are these valuable things or just some cool items to have?

They kind of had their heyday. There's some people that have hot sauce collections that might want to get a lower number than what they have, but these are not as collectable as they used to be. You really have to find the buyer not the other way around. But you could sell on ebay if you were willing to make a little. If you paid like $20 each you could sell for profit. If you bought for over $50 each you took a gamble.

They kind of had their heyday. There's some people that have hot sauce collections that might want to get a lower number than what they have, but these are not as collectable as they used to be. You really have to find the buyer not the other way around. But you could sell on ebay if you were willing to make a little. If you paid like $20 each you could sell for profit. If you bought for over $50 each you took a gamble.
Oh well I paid $7.50 total so I didn’t do too bad!

Score! They can sell in the hundreds to the right buyer. You might want to list them on ebay at $350 each and enable the Make Offer option just to see if anyone bites. I would not expect any higher really but the Make Offer option allows people to lowball you and you can counter. Or you may just get that reasonable offer.

Back