• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid What extreme or weird crosses have you fantasized about?

Hahahah...Yeah,I've been a member here for 7 years and picked this exact moment to start,been waiting for you to start this exact topic actually.
Dead to rights!

I'm a member on numerous European forums,and I know sometimes there can be misunderstandings with languages,hopefully this is one of those situations. Or you are one of these folks who are addicted to outrage. If so...fuck off!

Pr0digal_son said:
Hahahah...Yeah,I've been a member here for 7 years and picked this exact moment to start,been waiting for you to start this exact topic actually.
Dead to rights!

I'm a member on numerous European forums,and I know sometimes there can be misunderstandings with languages,hopefully this is one of those situations. Or you are one of these folks who are addicted to outrage. If so...f**k off!

Just thought you were messing around and went with the joke, because Pubes don't cross with Chinenses. Calm your tits. 

b3rnd said:
I was thinking about some unusual crosses people could try to make. I think I saw a bonnet/bell cross somewhere here (can't remember who it was right now, sorry), which made me start to think about this topic. Pretty sure not a lot of crosses with hots and bells have been done.

A Pequin or Tepin x Bell pepper cross would be funny, for example. Small and hot crossed with big and sweet. 

Or maybe a Reaper x Bell pepper. A big, smooth skinned pepper with medium heat and a Reaper tail. Or maybe a wriggly skin bell pepper?

And what would happen if you would cross a Thunder Mountain Longhorrn with a Scotch Bonnet?

Wondering what cool stuff you've been thinking about!

I grew two Bonnet Bells last year from seeds I got from John Ford. The bell completely took away the Bonnet flavor. I was hoping for something better, but it ended up being only okay. He didn't really think it was amazing, either.

I don't cross, personally, but I'll grow them . A Bonett crossed with a sweet that has better flavor than a stupid bell would be pretty cool.

Jay's Peach Peño took
2831aed9fc7dd839d62647848e538599.jpg

I was reading about the Tepin being seen as the mother of all current strains? Made me think about crossing some strains with that one. Could turn out interesting. BBG x Tepin or Scotch Bonnet x Tepin.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

b3rnd said:
I was reading about the Tepin being seen as the mother of all current strains? Made me think about crossing some strains with that one. Could turn out interesting. BBG x Tepin or Scotch Bonnet x Tepin.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I believe capsicum chacoense is a much more primitive species actually.

b3rnd said:
Hey guys. Welp I'm bored today and peppers are my go-to boredom cure. But alas, it's dark outside so you'll have to cope with my topics for tonight.

I was thinking about some unusual crosses people could try to make. I think I saw a bonnet/bell cross somewhere here (can't remember who it was right now, sorry), which made me start to think about this topic. Pretty sure not a lot of crosses with hots and bells have been done.

A Pequin or Tepin x Bell pepper cross would be funny, for example. Small and hot crossed with big and sweet. 

Or maybe a Reaper x Bell pepper. A big, smooth skinned pepper with medium heat and a Reaper tail. Or maybe a wriggly skin bell pepper?

And what would happen if you would cross a Thunder Mountain Longhorrn with a Scotch Bonnet?

Wondering what cool stuff you've been thinking about!

I am not too into the creating the hottest pepper because that is beyond me. However, I am thinking about crossing my Scotch Bonnets with Cayenne Long Slims just to experiment with cooking flavors. 

A very dark colored and oily superhot Chocolate Brain example with a very dark and oily Chocolate Moruga.

Or any other dark oily bulbous browns that also hit the mark for extreme flavor and burn quality.

Basically mix two of the best superhot brown golf ball types together and see what happens.

Back