• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What grow light to use (MH or HPS)?

Hi, i have some LED light in my greenhouse and that works ok, but since i need to have heat in there i have today a electric heater, but it must be better to use light?. What is best for my plant to use, MH or HPS? And where should i buy it, is the lamps on ebay any good? I did finde this, is this ok?

I see you are in Norway. I cant imagine any light or portable heater that is going to keep a greenhouse warm that far north. but, lets address your question is little bit.
I have an indoor grow room of approx 120 sq feet. It is in a basement room and benefits from the heat of the house. I run a 1000w dimmable HPS light (see below) on a 12/12 cycle and the room reaches 95o -100o.

You are the best judge on whether the light in question will create the kind of heat you are looking for and or whether it will be enough. 

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-Digital-Greenhouse-Dimmable-1000w-Grow-Light

CAPCOM said:
I see you are in Norway. I cant imagine any light or portable heater that is going to keep a greenhouse warm that far north

I dont want to warm up the greenhouse in the winter, its to extend the season a litle and it must be better to use heat from light than using a electric heater, then i got more light for the plants to :-) Thanx for the link

I have used a 600w HPS and 250w MH for my indoor grows for cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries and now peppers and there isn't any substantial advantage to HPS over MH or MH over HPS in my experience and their will be varying opinions...you can get away with using either one solely for your indoor grows, I honestly see no need to use both of them for a single grow..all my opinion of course and I can tell you I have grown some serious vegetables solely using a HPS and I can say the same for using MH and I have never used both of them at the same time or separate times for a single grow...Pick either one and roll with it..:)

I'm also in the midst of starting my indoor DWC hydro grow in my grow tent growing peter peppers under my 600w HPS and will prove again that it can be done using a single type light...I do agree that each one has it's benefits but I don't believe that both of them are needed to achieve great results which I have gotten before just using my 600w HPS solely and I also have gotten great results solely using my 250w MH....:)

Back