• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What I'll be growing this year...

This is what I will be trying this year.
I always try at least 2 new things... This year... it will be 8!!!
Just had to try the Hawaiian Sweet Hots.. Had to wait until they were available a few weeks ago.
Just got the package this weekend and will be planting them tonight to start indoors.

Peppers2013sm_zps48e1fc55.jpg

I am not into the super hot stuff... just can't handle the hot like I used to. Eating it... not really a problem, though I never really liked the strong burns anyhow... it's what comes next that I can't do anymore.. LOL!.. and I'm not talking about the digestion... I have a "cast-iron stomach" and can eat anything....

Looking forward to trying them.
Anyone have experiance with any of these? What can you tell me about how they taste, etc.?
Growing them up here in Minnesota, should do alright but wish I could have started several weeks earlier for an earlier tasting.
Hoping at least one or a combination will replace my Fire variety Serranos that I could not get ahold of.

Bruce

These seem good. I'm more interested in flavor too for this (first) year. I'm curious about the Beaver Dam pepper. I feel it would be appropriate to grow this in Canada at some point haha.

These seem good. I'm more interested in flavor too for this (first) year. I'm curious about the Beaver Dam pepper. I feel it would be appropriate to grow this in Canada at some point haha.

Would you like to try them?
I'm giving some to a friend at work, how about I send you 6 seeds to try for yourself?
Send me your mailing address in an email at Revwarnut at Gmail.com (with the usual @ and no spaces)..... I do this to keep spam-bots from scroungin my email from posts...)

Gotta be nice to our Canadian neighbors!! :dance:
b.t.w... I am in charge of the technical support for all of the computer and cash register installations, etc. in all of the new Target stores going into Canada this year.
Any near you???
I won't be going up there though.... :tear:

The Trinidad Scorpion SWEET would be fun. Swap them around with the Butch T.

Would you like to try the Trinidad Sweets?
I'm giving some of thse to a friend at work too, how about I send you 6 seeds to try for yourself?
Send me your mailing address in an email at Revwarnut at Gmail.com (with the usual @ and no spaces)..... I do this to keep spam-bots from scroungin my email from posts...)

I grew the Tobago Seasonings last year and have a few germinating for this year. Got them from pepperlover. I loved them. It was a very lightly colored plant. Peppers were mild to medium and very tropical sweet. Great production though the shape of the pods were not like advertised or commonly pictured. http://thehotpepper....cs/#entry684367

Would you like to try them?
I'm giving some to a friend at work, how about I send you 6 seeds to try for yourself?

Gotta be nice to our Canadian neighbors!! :dance:
b.t.w... I am in charge of the technical support for all of the computer and cash register installations, etc. in all of the new Target stores going into Canada this year.
Any near you???
I won't be going up there though.... :tear:

Sure that would be awesome! I am not sure if there will be a Target in my city. I would think so since we had a Zellers that closed not too long ago.

I show Sherbrooke as opening a Target store in November. Probably during the 1st week.

Target purchased all the Zeller's stores to remodel them into Target stores.

Back