• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests What in the holy hell is this. No bugs in site. Affecting all plants

P1020048.JPG

My bad; I thought that the photo I was referring to was of a stem, not a chilli. I hope that someone here can eventually id the virus; I'd be interested to know what it is too.

it must be devastating, ur one unlucky fellow,only yesterday i was reading ur led light thread :-(

i suggest u do the lottery, after all that bad luck, ur due a ruck of good luck.

zedsdead said:
it must be devastating, ur one unlucky fellow,only yesterday i was reading ur led light thread :-(

i suggest u do the lottery, after all that bad luck, ur due a ruck of good luck.

You're damn right. I also had a bike accident a week and a half ago from which I had to go to hospital in an ambulance for. It's following me around I tell you. Someone has placed some bad juu-juu on me.

Condolences. I hope you get it figured out and stopped. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me.

Best of luck to you buggedcom.

Yeah, just plain aspirin/ASA/acetylsalicylic acid. It shouldn't take much. Just a couple in a liter. ASA is a hormone to many/most plants that signals to the plant it is being invaded.

Maybe put some fly paper out, too?

Also, as you try to salvage the plants, I can't emphasize enough cleaning with bleach whatever it is you're cutting them with between cuts to reduce the chance of spreading it to the cut area.

Vespucci said:
Yeah, just plain aspirin/ASA/acetylsalicylic acid. It shouldn't take much. Just a couple in a liter. ASA is a hormone to many/most plants that signals to the plant it is being invaded.

Maybe put some fly paper out, too?

Also, as you try to salvage the plants, I can't emphasize enough cleaning with bleach whatever it is you're cutting them with between cuts to reduce the chance of spreading it to the cut area.

I'm going to give that a try also. If I can't solve this I am going to be royally annoyed

ok I've talked to a tree surgeon of mine and he seems to think it may be fly lave eating away at the roots. I will take apart one of the worst affected tomorrow. and post some pics of their post mottem. gruesome i know but let's put it this way, if you eat meat, you should really see the animals bowels before you eat sausages.

Back