• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What is a 'Floral Taste'?

Not many uses for raw peppers anyway. Just cook with them. Some raw veg can taste pretty strange until cooked. I mean if you reviewed a raw eggplant, it would taste awful, but what would be the point? :)

Pickling, dehydrating also helps take it away.

Who needs an ice bucket???? You're gonna rock it!  You should request a naga instead of the white hab. Those don't burn at all.... for the first 30 seconds, then they fck your world up for the rest of the day... and they taste like sweet diesel fuel

You need to let smells and flavors blend... "floral" taste pretty much means...tastes like flowers smell... so on and so forth

obeychase said:
Thanks guys. I accepted the challenge haha
got your box ready to send tomorrow  :onfire:  :onfire:  :onfire:  :onfire:

IMG_0230.JPG

Jeff H said:

If you can handle the other habs, the paper lantern will be no worse heat wise. It just will be missing that yucky hab flavor that the other ones have.

Wooahhh. Don't hate on the habs. I know many hate the flavor of a habanero, but to me it's my favorite taste in a pepper. It's got a natural smokiness to it that's incredible.

Buzz said:
Who needs an ice bucket???? You're gonna rock it!  You should request a naga instead of the white hab. Those don't burn at all.... 

Not a bit.

Like eating a fruit rollup.  :-D

Jeff H said:

If you can handle the other habs, the paper lantern will be no worse heat wise. It just will be missing that yucky hab flavor that the other ones have.
Ah! No Hot Paper Lantern? You're missing a good one! 

We all have a different palate - to my palate Habs are indeed citrusy. T.scorps & Jonah's have a "floral" note to me, which I equate with sweet/fruity/pungent/aromatic.

When it comes to "citrus" taste, I totally agree that describes Habaneros.

I think that is why Habaneros make a great sauce with some fruit in it - last year I used peaches and the sauce turned out great.  On their own, I like the heat of the Hab but find it has a soapy taste to me that I don't like on its own.

If anyone has a recipe for a simple habanero salsa I would appreciate it

Back