• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is a Good Flavor Heavy Producing Pepper Type

I have all sorts of friends and family asking me for pods, but my super-hots are growing slower because of the lighting I have on them.

I'm looking for a heavy producing good tasting pepper to grow that will get me a good pod yield, so I can pick a lot.

Give me your ideas.. I have A LOT of seeds for different types so tell me what your favorites are!

Do you have Fatalii plants growing under lights?

I had a store bought Red Hab that produced close to 100 pods on a single plant in natural light. The one plant I planted in the garden last season also produced heavily. The 2 plants I kept in pots produced only 2 or 3 pods each due to bad potting mix and fertiliser troubles.

I too hope this season to find at least one variety that produces a heavy yield in my conditions. The Fatalii plant thus far looks like an interesting prospect.

super chili produces loads of pods and has a nice thai-ish taste. I grew one plant 3 years ago and I still have dried pods. I must have gotten around 300 pods from a plant in a 3 gallon pot.

Do you have Fatalii plants growing under lights?

I had a store bought Red Hab that produced close to 100 pods on a single plant in natural light. The one plant I planted in the garden last season also produced heavily. The 2 plants I kept in pots produced only 2 or 3 pods each due to bad potting mix and fertiliser troubles.

I too hope this season to find at least one variety that produces a heavy yield in my conditions. The Fatalii plant thus far looks like an interesting prospect.

I started a few Fatalii seeds and some Datil but my space limited me and I ditched them, they would be very big now..

I'm planning out tonight a few of each variety. I started some seeds in my rapid rooters and worked out nice. But my best starts lately were my yellow brainstain, I germinated them in small condiment cups
and dropped into rapid rooter once the root was growing from the seed and got them to 1/2 tall pretty fast.

Going into a dedicated hydro bucket tonight.

I have heard that Fatalii are good plants. My outdoor cayenne this year had tons of peppers on it. I really want a strong Jalapeno but not a huge bushy plant, that's why I liked the cayenne, small foot print and big peppers.

On the Capsicum Baccatum front my Ají Omnicolor plants were compact and loaded with pods. Inca Red Drop may be another one to consider.

Are the friends and family partial to the flavour of Baccatum varieties?

My Chocolate Bhut is fairly large now, I got a used 45watt led grow light for $30 bucks, when that comes its going right on top of that Chocolate Bhut. Its covered
with flowers from top to bottom, to sideshoots hanging below my bucket. I'll see how it performs then, anything is better then the very small production going on now.

Come on Christmas, get her all ready, so I can sell everything I get and buy a 400W HPS... LOL.

Will you transplant them outside when summer arrives? My Choc Bhuts grew 5 ft tall with many pods reaching 5" to 6" in length which was much better than the previous season. This past summer a guy posted a thread on some 7 Pot Yellows which he was growing in a green house using your setup at a much larger scale. They grew 6 to 7 ft tall and full of pods.

I hope to get them outside, I was looking at 10 gallon containers for my bigger plants. They are all hydro now and the root systems are huge. I think my wife would kill me if I put a huge peppers in a trashcan or large container outside but if it popped out pods like crazy I would go for it. LOL... I really have no in ground area to plant, so I might have to keep them in buckets. I like hydro inside and dirt outside... my only really producing peppers outside this year was a store bought cayenne in some cheap miracle grow soil, it produced right to the end..

I was worried about cross pollination because I want to save seeds, but I think I will just be gluing my flowers on plants that I have less of. or picking off flowers and letting those plants produce less.

I think the ones inside I will use for mother plants. Right now I still have flourscent lighting on them and they are producing inside. Not as well as I would like, but there producing.

I think my yellow brainstrain I will grow out a little bit and then start cloning like crazy and put them in 3-5 gallon containers outside and do a full grow of them in 2012.

I stated really late like June this year starting with peppers. I will get a huge jump start with my pepper monsters this upcoming year.

I have a friend who has plenty of land and I told him I wanted to roto-til up a pepper patch and I would split profits with him.

New job on the horizon possibly, so if that falls through it means upgraded indoor growing stuff. tent/lights/new room. just don't tell the wife... shhhh.

Back