• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is causing this

my plants are doing pretty well i think for my first attempt at growing one of the plants is starting to turn a yelowish color around the edge of a few of the leafs. does any one know what could be causeing this.

IMG_20120403_211207.jpg

IMG_20120327_183555.jpg

i just added fert to the plants a day before. had watered them from the top to get the mixture to absorb in to the soil. so whats the fix. i used less then the recommended amount of fert.

burn is permanent so the tips of those leaves will not repair themselves. All you can do is prevent further burn. if you notice its spreading then flush from top to bottom out the drain holes with fresh water. It doesnt have to be too much you are just removing any build up of salt in the soil and I consider fertilizer a salt just like us we need salt but not too much or too little or it has a negative impact.

once the balance is back then future leaves will be completely healthy and if thats all the damage you have to those leaves they will be healthy too just damaged on the tips.

it may be a little bacterial in this case please try to circulate the air in the grow area
to dry off the leaves and encourage deep 'breathing'

they are looking pretty healthy overall. yes the edges browned do look like may be fert burn
but looked like may be some bacterial leaf spot on the 'older' leaf in first photo (not focused on )

good growing
:fireball:

nitwit i think you are right on with that i did notice little dots on some of the leafes. the yellowish color came later i just happen to add fert right before the color change. thanks i got my fan on more often and am trying to get more air to them

Back