• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is eating my superhot pods?

I daily checkout my garden. I noticed that some of my chocolate bhuts had some holes. I saw these small bettles around the hole. I'm assuming its them, or could it be the sun or some other insect? Also my yellow 7pod had these tiny beetles hiding in the crevices but did not do any damage, probably because the skin was too thick. The chocolate bhuts have thinner skin, so maybe thats why they can eat through the skin so easily. What are these tiny beetles, when i got closer, they flew away. Here are some pics. Please tell me how to kill and prevent them from coming again. Prefer a organic way to do so.

naga with hole
P1010852.jpg

choco bhut with hole
P1010854.jpg

Another choco bhut with hole
P1010853.jpg

Here is the beetle. I could only take two pics before it flew away.
P1010855.jpg

P1010856.jpg

Also i found this white catepillar at the beginning of it's meal of my yellow 7pod, i took some scissors and cut it in half. At least it was not a horn worm. Here is a pic.

P1010848.jpg

I think that is a flea beetle. Didn't you have problems earlier in the season with holes in your leaves? Same critter. I have them here too, but I am not seeing their damage. I'm not sure if a neem treatment will take care of them or not.

Good luck Mike Edit; I did not notice the caterpillar!

Looks more like Caterpillar damage then those beetles to me. Neem would be my first port of call on the control front, because other then that they look pretty healthy.

I dunno, but I got these nasty things last season....

IMG_5027.jpg

Thankfully they only destroyed a very small handful of pods, but a small handful is still a small handful too many!

I had those beetles on a few of my plants. I saw one chowing down on an aphid, so I didn't kill them. No damage to my peppers yet. I don't think it's the beetles.

Back