• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is going on?

I have about 11-12 Carolina Reaper plants, 6-8 grew perfectly without problems. The final 4-5 are having some problems. 2-3 will not grow any bigger than a few inches around 5. The final 1-2 will not ripen. Keep in mind they are all in the same soil, got the same minerals, got the same sunlight, got the same water. I am just wondering why some of the plants are not growing and why a couple of the plants won't ripen. They have around 15 peppers on them and none are ripening.

This leads into more concerns.

I have ghost peppers as well. I was wondering if purple marks on them was normal. On a few those purple marks went away as it ripened. This is the same problem for the Carolina Reapers, but they are black spots. I know they are not mold.

Sorry for all of my problems... I am new to growing peppers and such, and want to learn as much as I can for next year.

post pics

some plants are just runts and never do great, if everything is truly the same i guess that could be the case.

juanitos said:
post pics

some plants are just runts and never do great, if everything is truly the same i guess that could be the case.
I will post some pictures tomorrow. When I noticed some plants that were ripening the peppers, I moved those into a separate container ( It still has the same soil, it just makes it easier for me to pick).

Back