• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

What is in the Cobra bottle?

Visiting a food of all nations in Charlottesville Va one day and I came upon a cobra shaped bottle filled with an unspecified chili sauce and what the heck, it came home with me in the shopping bag. Always eager to try something new... I poured (a 1/2 tablespoon) this in with the rest of my marinate and applied it to a half a dozen beef kabobs. I only noticed after the wife had an intense burning on her skin after rubbing some in that we were in for a ride.

Now I'm attempting to figure out where this came from and what is in it. The bottle company "Kefla" out of Germany is stamped on the bottom but that is all. Probably this was in a box at some point, but I did not see one when I bought it. Anyone have details on this product?

Thanks!

I know what you're talking about, I've seen it before on some hot sauce websites. I'm not 100% sure but I believe thats a extract sauce. but still a cool looking bottle.

gday Bob and welcome to THP!

sounds like Cajohns King Cobra - is the bottle about 8 inches high and are the Cobra's eyes made from red glass? if so, that is what you have!

this link is the cheapest I have seen if for, mostly it appears to retail at between $19 and $21.

http://www.pyropepper.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1415&Category_Code=CF

as I am supportive and thankful for the actions of this site's sponsors/advertisers, I did check hotsauce.com but I could not find this item in their product line though they may be able to get you a price as they do stock some of Cajohns other products.

Many Thanks

Cajohns King Cobra it is! Thanks Chilliman64.

Unfortunately the bottle I picked up was missing the information tag attachment and I had no idea where it came from. Good stuff and adds some novelty to food preparation...

Many great ideas on this forum to explore and I look forward to some more scortching taste tests!

CaJohn usually bottles the collectibles in regular 5ozers as well so they can be eaten. Not sure what is in the Cobra bottle though

Back