• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

What is it about rain that makes my plants grow so fast?

We are part of it all for sure. But when u put lizard genes into a tomato or something then that's not bery natural at all.

But that's another topic.

We are part of it all for sure. But when u put lizard genes into a tomato or something then that's not bery natural at all.

But that's another topic.

Yup. Definitely a different topic.
We can agree to disagree here. It's not like half of us dump fish emulsion into our peppers as fertilizer...

If you do some research you will find out about rain water having extra ozone and lighting super charges that with more ozone. (oxygen)

I just water all my plants with this can. That's how I get them to 15 feet tall. :) It simulates rain water at every watering. lol.

http://www.cleanairgardening.com/oxygenating-watering-can.html

Chris

thanks for the tip chris! not that i can find that stuff out here. i guess i'll just stick with an air pump and airstone for aerating my water =D

I have that can because I got it very cheap. I was kidding about the 15 ft tall plants, but it did seem to help my seedlings. It's an interesting idea. :)

Chris

I have to smile at this. I am not a gardener, and I tend to kill plants that I have indoors. I live in an old house with a bunch of retired people in the houses around me. Pulled out the big,ugly bushes that had probably been planted when the house was built, shaped the bed into a curvilinear design, had a guy dig down and bring in a load of bedding soil and gravel, a layer of just bedding soil, then mulch. and stuck some flowering plants in the dirt. Every now and then I water the garden, every now and then I pull some weeds, and that's about it. And my retired neighbor who spends all day tending her garden was screamin' jealous of my little garden patch with all its colorful flowers.Yelled at me about it, even. I can't take any credit for it, though - that all goes to the designer!

...and part of His grand design!

If you do some research you will find out about rain water having extra ozone and lighting super charges that with more ozone. (oxygen)

I happen to have an 25mg ozone unit laying around :hell:

Should we test the theory :) My only thought is that ozone oxidizes any general dissolved organics in the water. So I'm wondering if ozone enriched water would be so void of nutrients that it might inhibit growth.

Could be a cool test :)

Back