• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What Is The Best Cayenne For You This Year?

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
The reason I am asking is to see what everyone else is doing that grows cayennes...This year I planted, Ring of Fire, Carolina Cayenne, Long Red Slim Pepper, Long Red Slim Cayenne, Mesilla Cayenne, and Super Cayenne II Hybrid. The Super Cayenne II Hybrid has by far out produced the others with prettier pods and the plants are healthy...I did the shotgun approach this year on cayennes...just bought a bunch of different seed types and have grown them out...

I will only plant 5 Super Cayenne II Hybrids next year. I have a total of about 13 cayenne plants this year and I think the two Supers I have out produced all the others combined...

here is why....look at all the new little pods on these two plants...

090708c001-1.jpg

090708c002-1.jpg

I grew the long slim cayenne. I didn't think they were that great. 20-30 pods per plant I'm guessing (Over the season). I'm going to try Super Cayenne II next year.

Wow AJ, that plant is producing enough Cayennes for 10 years. Impressive. I grew it last year and liked it, but as usual, the pepper maggots liked it more. :(

Chris

I have a couple cayenne plants myself. Mine just said Cayenne at the store though when I bought the seeds. I have no idea which variety it is?:lol: I looooove habs and peppers that are similar, but I really do enjoy cayennes as well. HUGE plants too by the way AJ. I'd be proud!!

Most of my Cayenne plants produced more or less the same. The Dutch varities did a little better than the rest though (imo). I'll definitely grow them again.

These Super Cayennes you're growing look great. Maybe another variety to try next year.

Back