What is the "Hot" Pepper to be Growing in 2009...

One year it was the Bhut Jolokia, another it was the Naga Morich and another it was the Red Savina.

Any thoughts on the "hot" pepper to be growing in 2009?

What variety or new variety is en vouge? Curious....

Choc Habaneros seem to be popular right now so I'll say the Jamaican Hot Chocolate...

Wow. I totally agree with Chocolate Hab and Jamaican Hot Choco.

Those are in my top 3. Others include Peach Hab and Orange Thai.

skealo said:

Ya...Peach Hab, I think ICG is growing those. Not on my list but definitely "hot"! :cool:

I'd say my fav i'm growing is the Naga Morich straight from over sea's with the biggest leaves i've seen on a chinese variety. I look forward to the yellow 7 pot which i got from over sea's as well and only few people have the yellow strain.

skealo said:

Thai Orange is a really nice pepper. They dry nicely, produce like crazy, and make awesome curry paste. You will love them.

boutros said:
Douglah, Scorpions, or Cumari. I hear alot about those lately. Then again, I'm a year or two behind.

Cumari seems to be on lots of lists... I wish mine had germinated. Who can argue witha fruity hot pepper that produces like crazy?

McGoo said:
Douglah, if I could get it.

+1 I can't wait till the douglah seeds are floating around more preveantly. This one seems like the new pepper to grow.

I'm gonna say 2009 is the year of the Douglah, but who wil; be the first to do the Cumari x douglah Cross?

Drunk on my end!!! But still wanna see the Cumarouglah!!!!

Orange 7 pot,Chocolate Scorpion and a few more your going to love..
From last year most wanted to grow the Douglah for 09 :)

Agree with FiveStar the Orange thai is fantastic,Have a couple of crosses with orange thai x Goats weed and Orange thai f2 and Pequin de Ischia x Orange Thai f2. :)

I'm not too crazy about most 7-Pot strains, sorry. there's one long strain I really like and the original one from TriniHottie as well. Jonah, yellow, orange, Douglah and what not are way over-hyped. I did send lots of people on the this forum alone A LOT of Douglah seeds, though. if you want some more, wait a couple of months.

What to grow? huge fan of the Bhut Jolokia (and his like), Fatalii and Caribbean Red.

Yellow T. Scorpion or the T.S. Morouga have me very excited this year. And of course the Yellow, Orange, Brown 7 Pod, aka T. Douglah all peppers from Trinidad & Tobago(Or from a really cool pepperhead in Michigan).

you guys are gonna laugh, but I am growing Billy Biker jalapenos this year and I am really excited...

AlabamaJack said:
you guys are gonna laugh, but I am growing Billy Biker jalapenos this year and I am really excited...
I have the seeds for quite some time now, but haven't used them yet. are they good? I'm a huge fan of Jalapeños.

Omri said:
I have the seeds for quite some time now, but haven't used them yet. are they good? I'm a huge fan of Jalapeños.

this is my first year growing them Omri...sure hope they turn out as good as I hear they do...

peppermanbaha said:
i would prefer jalabaneros

I don't want the heat baha...just a good stuffing pepper to make poppers out of for the wife...If I want heat, I have plenty of that...

Back