• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is the "ideal" pot for peppers?

bangbangchabooky said:

LOL, how hot does it get up there? This humidity is what gets me most of the time.
Few years ago we had 100 days over 100 degrees. brutal. Last year was good though. Normal is like 30 days I think.

SavinaRed said:
I just ordered some 20 gallon beige colored fabric pots. Amazon had a 5 pack of them for only $16.99. I figured for $3.40 ea delivered to my front door was a great deal I couldn't pass on lol....................
I think you got the last ones! I was looking at those for tomato plants and they were gone lol!!

I grow in South Florida, our summers are extremely hot and humid. The fabric pots I bought on Amazon were cheaper than buying new nursery plastic pots and out performed plastic in moisture retention, and plant growth size. I use the 24/7 gardens 7 gal pots and a few 15 gal pots. Works well for me.

Edmick said:
I saw another member on here was making his own fabric pots. I don't remember who it was but it might save you some money if you're handy with a sewing machine.
I believe that was drsgonsfire in some kind of fabric thread in Grow Tech

You can always get one of those 95 gallon recycle bins and drill some holes in the bottom. You can wheel it around to the best spot for sun/shade. Cheers!

Crispee-FL said:
I grow in South Florida, our summers are extremely hot and humid. The fabric pots I bought on Amazon were cheaper than buying new nursery plastic pots and out performed plastic in moisture retention, and plant growth size. I use the 24/7 gardens 7 gal pots and a few 15 gal pots. Works well for me.

i got the same ones. love 'em

Howiest said:
The air pruning "smart pots" can't be beat, in my personal opinion. I've shaken out root balls from plastic 5 gallon buckets and the air pruning fabric, and there is no comparison. The productivity of the fabric air pruning containers were the closest I've seen to a dialed in DWC bucket system.

HS
Are you talking about the fabric smart pots, or the actual airpot smart pot with all the holes in the side etcetera?

Regards,
-Tristan

Back