• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What is the mature colour of a Gold Cone chilli?

I am growing a gold Cone chilli plant this year and have isolated it for seed saving. I know that I should pick the pods when they are mature but they have stayed yellow. Do they go red? Does anyone know as there is nothing I can see online? :think:

I found this on the world wide web. Not sure how accurate it be :crazy:
http://www.chilliesontheweb.co.uk/#/gold-cone/4551470440

I am growing a gold Cone chilli plant this year and have isolated it for seed saving. I know that I should pick the pods when they are mature but they have stayed yellow. Do they go red? Does anyone know as there is nothing I can see online? :think:

I grew them last year, seeds came from thechilipeppercompany. and mine stayed yellow, if I plucked a few off and left in a bowl after a day or two they start to turn an amber color, the chili's are very ornamental, not the best flav....in my opinion
Decided not to grow them this year.

Thanks romy6 I found that as well. its definately the right plant but it doesn't show any red pods. Really appreciate you looking.

thanks PIC 1 that's really helpful. Its nearly the end of the season here so i'll leave them on as long as poss. I'm gonna try and save the seed because I think they will sell well as an ornamental. thanks again

Back