• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is the normal yeild of superhot pepper plants

Hi guys,

i would liek to have an aprox (in pound or Kg_) of typical yeild of super hot plant in a normal growing condition)
per plant or per acre ?
Thanks

If you have good weather and climate in combination with proper growing techniques meeting good phenotypic expression of the genes you will have more peppers than you can pick.

im just trying to find info on yeaild per acre or yeaild per plant for those superhot scorpion, morouga or 7 pots
and in more cool climatic condition like median of 24celcius during summer.

anyway if someone can help me thatwoudl be good.

like how many pound i will harvest with 10 plants (approx)
Based on experience and growers here...

Hi guys,

i would liek to have an aprox (in pound or Kg_) of typical yeild of super hot plant in a normal growing condition)
per plant or per acre ?
Thanks
Interesting question. One thing I've learned on this forum is that there is no consensus on "normal growing conditions" LOL.

I'd be interested in everyone's results

Gotrox said:
Too many variables to count.

Too true.  Soil type, potting type, nutrient type, water type, light type...  Too many.  Here in East Tn with a first year plant grown in MGMC in a solo cup till plant out then ground, fed organically after that, not pruned while under lights, watered with tap water and in partial sun, I got upwards of 750 pods.  That lady is back for her second year and I need to get an accurate measure of how many and how heavy she produces this year.  

This would be a good thing to do an experiment with, that way those who have larger parcels of land could get higher yields of their superhots. 

Terravexti said:
For personal use, this queestion is non-applicable. But, for commercial purposes this question has some tangibility.
Yes I forget which new person just joined but said they are growing a field of I think TS and expecting 400 to 500 pounds already sold to a sauce maker.

Hammerfall said:
for my investigation ....
best number would be from a pepper farmer growing in field in northern US
I don't think superhots are a viable crop for open field cultivation in the Northern US. The grower would need to use some kind of season extending method, keeping the plants in a greenhouse for part or all of the year, to get pods to maturity.  

Back