• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

What is the oldest pepper plant you have/had?

I'm curious how old plants some of you guys got. I'm new in the field, only got two overwintered from last years season.

Does the main stem grow bigger and bigger each year?

i have a goatsweed entering its 6th year, a orange hab and tepin entering their 5th. a couple of fatalii entering their 3rd. then a bunch of bhuts, 7's & scorpions entering their 2nd.
all are container plants, in 1 gallon containers.

Guru's Fatalii Tree last year. I know I go on and on about it, but I think that is one of, if not the, biggest I ever seen.
6089139494_9992ccf026_z.jpg

http://thehotpepper.... guru__st__200

I'm the same as you. I have six overwintered plants from last year. I'm very anxious to see what they do this year. I can only pray that would look like guru's fatali. That would be awesome!

i have a cleo's dragon that is in it's fifth year- stem does continue to thicken.

Interesting that I haven't even heard of a plant named cleo's dragon. Now I have to check that out hehe

i have a goatsweed entering its 6th year, a orange hab and tepin entering their 5th. a couple of fatalii entering their 3rd. then a bunch of bhuts, 7's & scorpions entering their 2nd.
all are container plants, in 1 gallon containers.

You sure have a lot of overwintered plants. I got a goats weed growing nicely myself, it seems really slow on producing anything. All my superhots have produced pods but the goats weed haven't even gotten flowers yet!

Guru's Fatalii Tree last year. I know I go on and on about it, but I think that is one of, if not the, biggest I ever seen.
6089139494_9992ccf026_z.jpg

http://thehotpepper.... guru__st__200

Searched for his glog but found only his 2012 version. Thanks for the link to it. Sure is one huge plant!

I'm the same as you. I have six overwintered plants from last year. I'm very anxious to see what they do this year. I can only pray that would look like guru's fatali. That would be awesome!

So we're in the same boat then. Hopefully we both manage to keep them alive for that long. My last overwintering was quite unsuccessful because I put them in a too cold spot. This year I've learned that lesson :)

I had some 5-6 year old plants but they seemed to do best in the first couple years so I eventually gave up on them and started new. For me overwintering used to be very easy but now I basically give up due to constant aphid invasions

i overwintered about 35 last/this year... most are in 3 gallon pots, most are beginning to produce pods now. first pods of the year off of the overwinters are almost always small and oddly shaped.

A lot of interesting plants you guys got, hopefully in many years I will have some old plants. Some say older plants produce less others say opposite. Honestly think that depends on so many factors that there is no correct conclusion?

Sure would be cool to make a bonsai out of some old pepper plant! My skills are not at that level yet haha

Back