• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What is this prolific pepper?

Prolific bugger, fist to bloom and pod up.
Was "supposed" to be Bolivian Rainbow, but now obviously not.

Not complaining, almost all my seeds were "O.P."

But has me stumped, closest thing I could find was something or other Central americanus or the like.
I have a White Bullet Hab that looks nothing like this one.

An interesting cross, perhaps?

No, I haven't sampled it yet----not till it's fully ripe.

DSCN9280.JPG

DSCN9284.JPG

DSCN9285.JPG

Pods, and not 3 months from seeds first planted.

Pod pictured is around 2 weeks old, same color as when it first appeared.
Looked at my seed procurement list, and that one came from Joe.
Did you have plants that produced pods like this one?

Again, not complaining.
I'm keeping this particular plant for breeding purposes---no matter the flavor or heat, as it is so quick to produce.

I only planted 2 Bolivian Rainbows this year, one came up with the typical leaf color with purple-ish veins, this one--very green.

First pic shows the upward growing habit of the pod---though color is a bit white due to the camera flash, last pic is a bit fuzzy due to trying to hold the camera still for a longer exposure with no flash, but is the true color.

Plant is only about 18" tall---still in a 3.5" pot, so perspective may be a bit off. Pod is just over 1" long.

Pod pictured is around 2 weeks old, same color as when it first appeared.
Looked at my seed procurement list, and that one came from Joe.
Did you have plants that produced pods like this one?

Again, not complaining.
I'm keeping this particular plant for breeding purposes---no matter the flavor or heat, as it is so quick to produce.

I only planted 2 Bolivian Rainbows this year, one came up with the typical leaf color with purple-ish veins, this one--very green.

First pic shows the upward growing habit of the pod---though color is a bit white due to the camera flash, last pic is a bit fuzzy due to trying to hold the camera still for a longer exposure with no flash, but is the true color.

Plant is only about 18" tall---still in a 3.5" pot, so perspective may be a bit off. Pod is just over 1" long.
yes GOT i did have some like that and unfortunately i had quite a few that look like that and a few others where crosses some from my ornamental peppers like the Bolivian rainbow so i just dont know they could be anything? they could be a Bolivian rainbow cross that's the most likely candidate but its not pure Bolivian rainbow thats for sure
it could also be a Sangria cross that's likely also, otherwise its anyone guess
im glad you dont mind what they are, i just dont have the available space to isolate and unfortunately this happens (crosses) more than not
hope this helps

thanks your fiend Joe

Hell---bothered by a pepper that puts out pods 3 months from wetting the seed?

NOT! :dance:
Bugger already has 3 pods and flowers everywhere.

I'm almost positive it's a Raibow cross, as the other seed is growing true to type.

I REALLY want to nibble upon it, but the first pod will be saved for seed, as no other pepper within 250 miles had flowers when it got pollinated.
Now I have several varieties blooming---with a fan on them----so the first pod is "special".
Just wondering if you had one like it that was so quickly prolific, or if I won the lottery.

Oh----I have 3 pods.
I can sacrafice one of the others.
Hmmm.
Pod not quite fully ripe, but seeds look good.
The best discription of flavor would be a jalepeno/habenero cross.
Has both the green flavor of the jalapeno as well as the distinctive flavor of the habenero.
A bit sweet.
Quick bite to the tongue, and a building heat to the roof of the mouth.
Not much at all in the throat, and no bitter taste at all.
Slow fade, tip of tongue fades first, roof of mouth last.
Nice 10 minute burn, but didn't break a sweat.

A definate muncher. Put a bunch in some foil and throw on the grill with some burgers type of muncher.
Hotter than a Jalapeno, milder than a Habenero, but with flavors of both.

It's unknown, but a keeper.

Using a probable F1 as a pollen source for breeding ads a whole new meaning to "interesting".

The flowers say some sort of annuum, I'm still selecting from a cross I got its at F5 and still throwing out wild looking types none the same. so if its a cross it will take awhile F8 at least, even then I still would concider it unstable at least till F10 to 12. Although most will say its stable at F8. Getting back on the subject its hard to say what many of them are the pods also remind me of a piquin type.

Actually, went mottled purple, then full purple.

Looks now more like a Bolivian rainbow (conical pod) than the one that I was sure was a rainbow (round pod)

Except this one has green leaves and veins with white flowers, while the other has purple coloring and blue/ purple flowers.

Back